Chapter 37

Lauren's POV

“Don’t leave,” I beg, holding onto him as he stands out front of his car.

“I’ve got to, love.” He says quietly, his arms tight around me. “You’ve got class soon and I have to get back so we can catch our flight tomorrow morning”

“But it’s so far away” I say squeezing my eyes shut to hold back tears. Also the interview was being released in two days so he wouldn’t be here when all hell breaks loose.

“I know, but I’ll see you in 3 weeks right? It’s not too far”

Yea but it meant he wouldn’t be here for the interview, or my birthday. I have to bite my lip to prevent me from mentioning it. I didn’t want him to feel guilty for doing his job. Instead, I give a small nod and he gives me one last lingering kiss before disappearing down the road. I watch until he turns the corner, completely disappearing from sight before hoisting my backpack onto my shoulder with a sigh and heading the other direction towards my first class.

The next couple days pass slowly. Instead of the cold, standoffish demeanor from my roommates, it became a wary, hesitant, one. Apparently standing up for myself had sparked some kind of change in them. We didn’t really talk more, but I no longer felt unwelcome in my own house. Even still, I would spend the majority of my time outside or at Logan’s. The day of the interview, I waited with a nauseous anticipation. My roommates weren’t home and so I curled up on the couch, turning to the channel it would be on as I waited for them to appear. The interview started like the countless other’s I’d seen. It started with asking how they liked the country, what they’d done, before finally getting down to the ‘juicy details’.

“So which of you has girlfriends” the interviewer asks. I watch as Liam and Zayn raise their hands, my eyes knitting together in confusion when Louis doesn’t. I’d thought he said he had told the interviewer he did?

“Only the two of you? But what about what we’ve all heard about you Louis? Aren’t you dating someone?” he persists. Louis hesitates a moment, glancing at the other boys.

“It’s just casual right now,” he says, choosing his words carefully.

“Do we get a name?”

Louis shakes his head, a smirk appearing on his face. “She wouldn’t like that” he says. The boys and the interviewer chuckle and I can’t help but join in. He’d been right about that.

“Ah so she’s got you wrapped around her finger then does she?” the interviewer jokes. Harry nods with a smirk.

“She’s in charge in that relationship” he drawls.

“Ah so she wears the pants” the interviewer teases.

“What? No” Louis shakes his head quickly. “No, I wear the pants” The other boys all shoot him an amused smile and I can’t help the laugh as I watch them make fun of him. Sure you do Louis. Sure you do.

By the next morning I had my next song up. I know I’d shown Louis the one about Famous People, but after that interview, I’d wanted to join in the teasing.

36, 32, boot cut with a skoal ring

Grease stains, bleach spots and a hole in the knee

You say the man inside those Levi's don't take orders

And she'll just have to realize you'll do as you damn well please