Chapter 47

• Dedicated to misslittleeva

Lauren's POV

"We don't have to do this," Louis growls, watching as I put the finishing touches on my makeup. "We can just lie and say we did."

"We're doing it," I snap. "If she thinks it'll help, we're doing it." He lets out a growl before storming off to another part of his house. When I'm done, I head downstairs to find him sat in front of the TV, flipping through channels with a frown. "Ready to go?" I ask.

"No," he says grumpily, but he gets up anyways, leading me out to the car. We'd decided on a small bar a couple miles away in hopes that the people there wouldn't be Louis' fans. If we went to a place like Funky Buddha he'd get mobbed the second people realized he was getting phone numbers and that would just be cheating.

"An hour, that's it," he grumbles.

When we get to the bar, we separate to other sides of the bar to begin. I immediately go up to a group of guys, beginning to talk with them. I'm partly surprised that Louis hadn't flipped out already and pulled me away. After about 20 minutes, I've gotten numbers from the three single people in the group. I glance over at Louis to see how he's doing. He's seated at the bar, surrounded by 5 girls, a smirk on his face as one of them jots something down on a napkin. A rumble of anger erupts in my chest and I quickly look away. I say goodbye to the group of boys and drift around until I find another guy. It only takes a couple minutes until he's given me his number also. Checking the time, I see I have half an hour left. Looking back over at Louis, I see the group of girls has grown even larger. A new pack had descended upon him like a group of wild dogs, all vying for a scrap of meat. My jaw locks as I watch them flirt with him, their hands running down the tattoos on his arm. Over my tattoo. I force myself to look away, determined not to be bothered by it. The next guy I approach shoots me down. He already had a girlfriend. Once again, my attention is drawn back towards Louis. The leader of the wolf pack has seemingly claimed possession over Louis, the other girls standing slightly behind her as she flaunts her remarkably uncovered bosom at him. That was enough. I march up to their group, knocking some of the girls aside until it's just the girl and him.

"Excuse me," I say rather rudely, brushing past her, practically knocking her over. I straddle Louis' lap, seeing the look of surprise on his face as I grab his head, kissing him roughly. It takes him a second to realize what's going on before his hands slip around my waist and he's kissing me back. I pull back, turning to look back at the girl who'd been all over my boyfriend. "You can go now," I say bluntly watching her face contort with anger and embarrassment. She looks past me at Louis who's wearing a goofy grin.

"Sorry babe," he tells her with a shrug, locking his arms around my waist. I flash a triumphant smirk as her and her group turns on their oversized heels and leave.

"You're hot when you're jealous," Louis comments as I turn back to him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Oh shut up," I say with a laugh. "How did you not get jealous?" I ask.

"I didn't look," he shrugs. "If I couldn't see you talking to them, I could pretend like it wasn't happening."

"Should I just get you a blindfold then?" I joke.

"Oooh sounds kinky," he winks. I let out a laugh, slapping his chest.

"So you know... there's still 10 minutes left of our homework..." I trail off, my fingers grazing the collar of his shirt.

"Yea?" he asks, raising an eyebrow, clearly wondering what I mean.

"Well... I was wondering if I could get your number..." I grin. A smile quickly flits onto his face before he tries to cover it with a pondering expression.