Chapter 27

Lauren’s POV

“You’re up early” I comment as I come down the stairs to see Louis propped up at the kitchen counter. It was about 10, but for a Saturday, that was early to wake up.

“Got plans to make” he says with a wink. I raise an eyebrow, a grin creeping onto my face.

“Yea? Care to tell me what they are?” I ask, trying to get a glimpse of the website he was on.

“Nope” he says with a cheeky smile, closing the computer before I can see.

“Well what’s the dress code?” I ask. After all, I had to know if it was a party type or paintball type clothing. His lips purse slightly as he thinks.

“Semi-formal?” he asks, phrasing it like a question. “I dunno, like, nice restaurant I guess, but something you can walk in,” he says vaguely. I nod, trying to think of what I had that could fit that category.

“I don’t think I have anything like that,” I say. He gives me an amused smile as he pulls out his phone.

“I’ll call Zayn, Emily is still in town a couple more days. Maybe she can take you to find something while I finish planning” he says, punching in a number. I nod, leaning against the counter in wait as Louis poses the question to Zayn. They talk for a few seconds before he hangs up the phone. “She’ll be here in twenty minutes,” he says with a smile. I give him a thankful smile and push off the counter to go back upstairs to get ready. “Hey wait” he calls and I look back at him in confusion. He holds out a hand, gesturing for me to come over. I walk over to him, giving him a look of confusion as I take the offered hand, letting him tug me right in front of the stool he was perched on.

“Yes?” I ask, raising an eyebrow trying to remain nonchalant.

“Tonight’s going to be fun,” he says with a cheeky smile, rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand. I laugh, rolling my eyes, trying not to show just how excited I was for tonight.

“I’ve got to go change”

“Nah you look great the way you are” he says with a wink. I grin shaking my head.

“Thanks, but I don’t think pajamas are quite what you’re supposed to wear to the mall” I joke. He chuckles, releasing my hand and I slip back upstairs to take a quick shower. Fifteen minutes later, I hear the doorbell ring. I quickly finish getting dressed, throwing my wet hair up into a ponytail before heading downstairs to see Emily chatting with Louis.

“Ready to go?” she asks with a grin. I smile, nodding my head. “What time do I need to have her back by?” she asks Louis.

“Four” he tells her and she nods and stands up, walking out the front. I follow her out, casting a glance back over my shoulder at Louis who was watching us from the doorstep. When he sees me look back he throws up a hand in a wave goodbye.

“Thanks for this, by the way.” I say as Emily begins driving.  “I know you don’t get very much time with Zayn. You didn’t have to do this” She looks over at me with a smile.

“No problem. It’s nice to get out of the house. I love Zayn, but he never wants to go out and do anything” she chuckles. I laugh giving a nod of my head. Louis and I were just the opposite. He was the one always asking if I wanted to go do something, I was more content with staying inside away from the cameras and the fans that seemed to find him wherever he was.

“So tell me about you and Zayn. How did you meet? How long have you been together? Where did he take you on your first date?” I ask with a grin. She chuckles, shaking her head.