Chapter 35

Lauren's POV

“Lauren!” a voice screams out along with the slamming of a door. My eyes widen in surprise and I hastily grab my towel tight around me a split second before my door bursts open.

“Hey Emily,” I say awkwardly, clinging to the towel as she throws her arms around me in a hug. Zayn’s head appears in the doorway, but upon seeing what I had on, he turns red and disappears.

“Took you two long enough to get here, I thought you were going to miss the party” she says with a grin.

“We wouldn’t want that” I say with a false grin. In all honesty, I had been looking forward to a night in in the hotel, but no, apparently we were going to some club. Which meant showering and actually looking nice. She laughs, shaking her head.

“That’s the same face Zayn gave me on the way here” she jokes. “You brought the dress I sent you right?” she asks and I nod my head. It was a lot better than the first one she’d gotten. Much more my style. “Great! Then get dressed, we’ll go have fun, you can meet the girls, and it’ll be a great time,” she says, practically buzzing with excitement. I laugh and nod my head. She smiles, turning on her heels and hurrying out of the room so I can get dressed. When I’m ready, I emerge to see Emily perched on Zayn’s lap, playing a video game against Louis.

“Yes!” Emily shouts, jumping up and fist pumping while Louis groans leaning back in the couch. “Suck it,” she shouts turning to him with a grin. I put a hand over my mouth to hold back the laugh and she glances over with a grin. “Yay you’re ready, the sweetheart personality reappearing as she drops the controller onto the table and prances over. “You look great” she says, taking my hands and holding them out to my side so she can get a better look. “Doesn’t she look great boys? Louis tell her she looks great,” she says.

“You look great,” he says smiling as Emily lets go of my hands and lets Louis take her place. “Like country girl meets big city”

“Time to go” Emily singsongs pulling Zayn out the door before us.

“Sometimes I wonder how they work together,” I say with a laugh, recognizing Zayn’s lack of enthusiasm to go to this party.

“She gets him out of the house, he calms her down. A classic case of opposites attract. Besides, they’re not too different than us” he says as we follow along behind them. With a shock, I realize he’s right. Emily likes going to parties while Zayn hates them. Louis likes going to them, while I hate them.

“On a scale of a high school party to MSG how many paparazzi should I expect?” I ask once we’re in the car.

“You know the fashion show?” he asks. I give a hesitant nod of my head. That hadn’t been so bad, the cameras hadn’t been focused on us. “Times three” Shit. “It’ll be fine,” he says assuringly, nuzzling the spot behind my ear. I give a small smile, my eyes drifting shut as I turn slightly, feeling his cheek against mine.

“Awww” Emily says, destroying the moment. “I ship it,” I laugh, leaning my head against Louis. When we get to the party, there’s already a storm of paps waiting outside to catch anyone entering or leaving.

“Wait” I say, grabbing putting a hand on Louis’ as he begins getting ready to go. “I don’t want people to know” I say when he looks at me. His expression turns from one of confusion to realization to a frown as he realizes what I’m saying.

“We’ll talk about it later alright?” he asks, pressing a kiss to my cheek.

“Ready?” Louis asks as the car ahead of our releases their guests. I barely hear though as I realize who’s in that car.