Chapter 28

Louis' POV

The sound of guitar wakes me up. I smile, lying in bed an extra minute, listening to the tune echo up the staircase and into my room. Lauren must already be up. My smile widens, and thinking of Lauren gets me out of the bed. I go into the bathroom for a quick shower before changing and heading downstairs, looking for her. I freeze when I see her sitting at my computer.

"Shit" I mutter. I thought we were done with this. She hadn't tried to close her account for days. In three quick strides, I'm at her side, slamming the laptop shut.

"What the hell Louis?" she asks in surprise, looking up at me.

"I'm not going to let-" I begin saying, surprised at her reaction. She seemed angry. Normally when I'd caught her attempting this, she'd looked guilty. As if she was caught. She pulls open the laptop screen again, swearing when the laptop turns back on.

"I wasn't trying to delete it" she says, frustrated.

"Then what were you?"

"It was going to be a surprise," she says, her cheeks turning the faintest bit pink as she turns the computer around so I can see.

Upload Failed. I read.

"I was uploading a new video." My eyes bulge as I look at her. "I just... I just felt like singing again," she says with a shy smile. My chest swells with pride and I feel like dancing, or singing, or kissing her, or some combination of the three.

"What song?" I ask instead. She shakes her head shyly.

"It wasn't very good. I didn't have any of the recording stuff I normally do." she says.

"What song" I repeat, emphasizing the words.

"Crazier by Taylor Swift"

"No" I groan, seeing the shock register on her face. "Anyone but her."

"She's not that bad" she says, her shock turning into a laugh.

"Have you ever met her?" I ask my voice laced with doubt.

"Actually I have" she retorts with a grin, surprising me. It's then I remember her brother had opened for her. It made sense he could have introduced her.

"Well your friend never dated her," I grumble. She lets out a light laugh, shrugging slightly. "Well?" I say. "Lets here it." She pauses a moment, looking at me, before reaching to the computer to play the recording. She looks over at me in confusion when I put a hand on hers, stopping her. "Nuh uh. I want a live version," I tell her. Her face turns red but she nods her head. She shifts the guitar I'm guessing she'd gotten off a rack in one of the other rooms, putting her fingers on the correct frets. She glances up at me when her fingers are placed correctly before she looks down at the strings again.

I'd never gone with the wind

Just let it flow

Let it take me where it wants to go

Till you opened the door

And there's so much more

I never seen it before

I was trying to fly but I couldn't find wings

But you came along and you changed everything

You lift my feet off the ground

You spin me around

You make me crazier crazier