Chapter 15

Louis’ POV

“Where’s Lauren?” I ask Hunter. It was around 11 and I hadn’t seen her yet this morning. I knew some people liked to sleep in, but it seemed a little late even for that.

“She’s probably out with Ghost” he replies, glancing up from his phone.

“A ghost?” I ask, surprised. He chuckles slightly and shakes his head.

“Ghost is her horse,” he explains. “Not a ghost”

“Oh” I say, glancing out the window towards the barn. Hunter’s phone buzzes and he looks down quickly.

“Hey, some people are going to the creek. You wanna go?” he asks, glancing up.

“What about Lauren?” I ask. He cracks a grin, giving a small shake of his head.

“She’s the one that texted” he says. That surprises me. Did she ask for me to come to or is Hunter just inviting me along himself. And even if it’s Hunter inviting me, surely she knew I’d be there right?

“Sure” I say and he gives a nod of his head, quickly texting her back before standing up.

“Ok, well I’m going to go change then. You got a swimsuit?” he asks. I give a nod of my head and he disappears upstairs. I grab my suitcase and dig through it until I find a suit then head to the bathroom to change. When I’m finished, I see Hunter standing there in swim trunks and a white t-shirt holding a couple towels.

“Lauren’s riding straight there so we’ll meet her there” he says, seeing me glance towards the barn. I nod my head and we head out to his car. After 10 minutes of bumpy riding, I start to hear people yelling and the sound of water. Hunter parks the car and the two of us get out. We walk through some trees until I see a creek full of kids our age. My eyes scan the water until they land on Lauren. She was wearing a pair of jean shorts and bra on some guy’s back, trying to dunk him under water, laughing. I felt a flare of jealousy race through me seeing how happy she was with that guy. Who was he? Before I had the chance to ask, a girl sees us and lets out a scream running over. I jolt, my first reaction that it was a fan and we were going to get mobbed, before she through her arms around Hunter, jumping up so he was carrying her.

“Hey Glow,” he laughs, wrapping his arms around her. She releases him, hopping down as I watch with an amused expression. “Louis, this is my best friend Glow,” he explains.

“Hi” she says extending her hand.

“Glow huh? That’s an unusual name,” I say with a grin, shaking her hand.

“Her real name is Max” Hunter says.

“Yea, but everyone calls me Glow.” She explains. “Because I light up this world like nobody else,” she adds with a wink, releasing my hand. I chuckle as she uses our own lyrics.

“C’mon, everyone’s here” she says grabbing his hand again, pulling him over to the water’s edge. I follow along behind the two, my eyes returning to Lauren. The boy she’s on top of stops moving when he sees us and a flash of confusion runs across her face until she follows his gaze to us. Her smile falters a split second before the guy falls backwards causing her to get dunked as they return to their horseplay. A few people come out of the water to greet Hunter. After their hello’s, they turn to me.

“This is Olivia, Stephanie, Duha, Charlie, Billy, and Dan,” he tells me, pointing out each person.

“Nice to meet you” I say with a smile, trying to keep each name straight.