Chapter 34

Louis’ POV

“C’mon Zayn let’s go,” I cry jumping on his bed excitedly, trying to wake him up. Our flight left in about an hour and this idiot was still sleeping.

“Ge’ off me” he groans, rolling over and hiding his head under his pillow.

“Emily’s waiting for you,” I whisper, getting near his ear. That’s all it takes. He rolls off the bed, falling onto the floor, scrambling to his feet. In ten seconds flat, he’s dressed and dragging his suitcase down the stairs. And I thought I was excited. The two of us were flying to LA where he’d meet up with Emily while I’d drive up to visit Lauren at school.  We’d be arriving Thursday night, so I’d stay the night at hers, and then wait for her to finish classes before we’d head back to LA for the weekend where, assuming she didn’t have too much work to do, we’d be able to have some fun and go to some parties with Zayn and Emily.  The flight seems to drag on forever but finally we land.

“I’ll see you tomorrow mate” Zayn says as we head out of the airport. I give a nod as Zayn starts heading toward a taxi, while I head to the car rental. It was going to be a long drive, but it would be worth it. I pull out my phone, dialing her number when I’ve signed for a car and pull out of the rental place.

“Hey” I say with a smile, pinning the phone between my ear and shoulder as I hear her answer the phone.

“Hey” she replies and I can hear the smile in her voice.

“We just landed, I’m on my way.”

“Really?” she asks excitedly, causing me to chuckle.

“No, I decided not to come. I’m actually back in London,” I reply sarcastically.

“Well I guess that means your thumbs are safe,” she muses. I let out a bark of laughter, stepping on the gas a little more, wanting to get there faster. “So I probably won’t be home when you get there. I have a test tonight from 7 to 10ish. There’s a key under the second porch step, you can just let yourself in. My room is the last one on the left; you can just hang out in there so my roommates won’t bother you. Or, you know, you can creep around campus until I’m done,” she says, adding the last part as a joke. I laugh, giving a small nod of my head even if I couldn’t be seen.

“Well I should probably go. I probably shouldn’t be talking while driving. I’ll see you soon ok babe?”

“Ok, see you in a couple hours,” she chirps before hanging up the phone.

By the time I got there, it was already 9, which was like 5 in the morning back in London.  Even with the nap I’d taken on the plane, I was still exhausted. I’d had to stop and pick up a red bull just to make sure I got there without falling asleep. When I got there, I hesitated at the door, unsure if I should just walk in if her roommates were there. I’d found the key right where Lauren said they would be, but if I was her roommates, I’d be alarmed if someone just walked in. I give a hesitant knock, but no one answers so after a couple minutes of waiting, I let myself in. I went to the room she’d told me about, dropping my bag on the floor as I glance around. It was a pretty typical room, not that I really knew what a typical university room looked like. Glancing around, my eyes fall on the calendar where today had a big red circle around it. The majority of the space for that day was filled with a smiley. In the bottom corner it mentions the test I read the location, glancing at my watch quickly to see what time it was. 9:30, I had half an hour left. I grab her computer, looking up where the building was, and I’m out the door. I get to the place with 15 minutes to spare and already I see people trickling out the door as they finish. I really hoped I didn’t already miss her. Looking around, I see a flower garden near the building and I quickly pluck 10 or so flowers before leaning against the wall, staying in the shadows in case anyone recognized me. Finally, 5 minutes later, I see her emerge under the lights. A grin breaks out onto my face and I quickly jog to catch up with her as she starts back towards her apartment at a quick pace.