DIY Lace layering skirt

You'll need:

a nylon or cotton half slip 2 1/2 yards of Chantilly lace wider seam ripper extra thin pins sewing machine

Pick a slip, this is important ,make sure that the fabric isn’t too stretchy and that there aren’t any slits along the sides. Start by opening up one side of the slip using the seam ripper. You should end up with one large rectangular piece of fabric. Measure the bottom or the longest side.

Take that measurement and cut that amount out of the Chantilly lace wider. If you search for “lace widers” online, you should find lace trims measuring about 14-16 inches in width. I love Chantilly lace because the pattern is so gorgeous and at least edge is beautifully scalloped or detailed. Pin the lace trim over the edge of the bottom of the skirt – with at least an inch overlap. It’s okay if this edge of the lace isn’t straight. Sew together using a fine machine needle and a zig zag stitch.

Now that the lace is attached, line the vertical edges together – with the outside sides facing each other. Pin the edges together and sew with a straight seam.

Cut or clean any unwanted bits and here you are, with a finished lace skirt

ANY QUESTIONS? CARE TO ASK

IF YOU WNAT ME TO DO SOMETHING, GO ON. MY MIND ISN'T WORKING WELL SO A LITTLE HELP WOULD BE GREAT. I WILL UPDATE OR AT LEAST TRY TO UPDATE EVERY MONTH NOW...