DIY Cage Bra

Hello, and welcome to another DIY. It's my apology for not editing weekily friday, my school is ruining it or my lazyness :D

Here's is another awesome tutorial of making cage bra. Since it's starting to get warm, hot in Prague it's getting really F hot! So I decided to do something beautiful and chic! So firstly what is a cage bra? It's similiar to a bralet, cage bra are worn to be seen... You might seen them in topshop, etsy, polyvore, laperla or on ebay there's a lot variants.. The sport luxe variety often come with several cross over straps and are worn to make a statement. You could design them with transparent shirts, blouse, tees or on knits.

If you didn't got a lot imagination, fantasy to imagine the shape of the cage bra I already put a photo on the left side, care to watch. :)

You'll need:

Black 1 inch elastic - 3m

Needle & Thread

Strapless Bra

Pins

Measuring Tape

Scissors

1) How you will start... hmmph. I would start to draw some designs how you want it to look like. Wear the bra and measure the amount of needed straps (ELASTIC STRAPS, PLEASE!!)

2) Pin the elastic strap and by placing, you need to use a needle and double threads. Most bras are made from several layers of material so it's much more easy to make a stitch that can't be seen. Don't forget the more it's secured by stitching the more it will stick.

3) Create your own design, by keeping adding straps.. You could try a triangle shape on the front of the bra and a T strap at the back.

4) To add the T bar back strap find the center of your halter neck strap and attach a strip of elastic here. Stitch the other end to one side of the clasp area of your bra, making sure not to sew through to the metal fastenings. You should still be able to unhook and slide of your bra with no problems.

Hope you like the DIY. And sorry for Xautors who wanted me to do something holographic... you will wait girl for the next week.. maybe :D I promise..

Maccount.