Chapter 6: Better Than Revenge

Y/n's pov

I wake up early since last night Ashton and Gabi texted me asking if Pepper and I could hang out today. I look over and see Noah fast asleep on his bed. I smile and close my curtains as I get changed into a skirt and a tank top.

I go downstairs and grab a bowl and get some cereal. Pepper comes down the stairs dressed as well. I hold the box of lucky charms up to ask her if she wants some. She nods and I fill her a bowl too.

We sit down at the counter eating in silence until Pepper says "so why did noah tell you to come over last night?". "Why does it matter?" I ask. "It Just does Okay" She says looking down at her bowl.

"You said you didn't like him Pepper" I say looking at her. "I was only saying that to stop you!" She says angrily.

"What does that even mean!?" I say. "You always take away the guys that I like! It's all about you" she says to me.

"Oh I'm the one who takes your guys. Pepper! That was one time" I say bitterly.

"Yeah but you still did it!" She protests. "It was 8th grade! you know he didn't like you. He said it to your face and we broke up after a month anyways so why are you bringing it up. You're the one who gets all the guys so STOP making this about you." I shoot back at her.

"Y/n you're just being selfish and hogging Noah" Pepper says.

"Noah's not an object Pepper and I'm not "hogging" him."I tell her "you've dated plenty of guys that I've liked even though you knew I liked them so what's the difference"

"And, Noah's girlfriend broke up with him so he needed some company. FOR ONCE CAN YOU NOT BE A FUCKING SELFISH BITCH" I scream at her before storming out the door.

Pepper and I have never had a fight this big. We barely even fight, and if we did it's just about something stupid like the last pack of chips. I feel tears of anger roll down my cheeks.

"Yo! Y/n there you are" I hear someone say. I look up and see Gabi and Ashton walking towards me. "Hey guys" I say smiling. "Where's Pepper at?" Ashton says. "She's at home being a bitch. She's not coming, sorry guys" I explain.

I know for a fact she's not gonna walk out the door to follow me and to come with us. She's probably going over to find Noah or something.

"Eh it's fine, let's go" Gabi says. We walk towards the entrance of the neighborhood.
We talk about some random stuff while walking down the street, which I haven't seen before until we reach a small diner. It looks pretty cool, with a retro type 50s design.

"Woah that looks so cool!" I exclaim. "Yeah, it also has the nicest milkshakes in town C'mon!" Gabi says as she walks up to the door of the diner.

We go in and sit in a booth. A waitress comes over in roller skates. I look at her in awe wondering how the fuck can she work in roller skates.

"Hello! Welcome to Penny's diner what can I get started for y'all?" She asks us. "Ummm can we have three chocolate milkshakes please" Ashton says. "Perfect, coming right up" the girl says as she skates away. "This is awesome " I say to them.

Suddenly the doorbell rings and we look over to see Noah and Pepper walking in. "You've gotta be shitting me..." I mumble.

I look down at my feet trying to avoid eye contact with Noah. "Oh hey pepper what's good!" Ashton says. Fuck... "hey guys, sorry I couldn't come today. I felt sick this morning and then I didn't want to interrupt you guys" Pepper says putting on a fake smile."It's no problem" Gabi says.

"Hey y/n" Noah says. I look up slowly. "Oh, hey Noah didn't see you there, how are you?" I ask him. "I'm good thanks, Hey Gabi and Ashton what's up?" Noah asks the two. "Eh Nothing much bro" Ashton replies.

"You guys know each other?" I ask them. "Yeah we go to the same school" Gabi replies laughing. "Oh" I awkwardly laugh. "Do you wanna share our booth or...." Ashton asks Noah.

Before he could answer Pepper says "it's fine guys we don't wanna ruin your party" she says before grabbing Noah's hand and pulling him down the rows of booths. As she walks past me she smirks. I give her a dirty look before she passes, practically dragging Noah behind her.

They sit down right behind us, with Noah's back facing mine. The waitress comes back over, balancing a tray with out milkshakes on it.

"Here are you guys' milkshakes" She says placing them down. "Thanks so much" I reply smiling. She smiles back as she skates away.

We go back to talking while slurping up our shakes, well I sit there listening to wrapped up in my thoughts. How did Pepper know we were here? And why did she have to bring Noah?

Pepper isn't usually the smart ass twin, that's usually me but this time she's acting completely different. Almost like she's trying to be me. I can't help listening to her, acting like she's me, talking like me. I can see her shadow on the floor using the same mannerisms as I do, it's weird.

Also she's hard core flirting with Noah, it's sickening .

By the time I'm halfway done my milkshake I'm fed up of hearing Pepper going on and on, acting like me. I get up and walk towards her. I grab her hand and drag her off her seat. "What are you doing?!" She asks me. I ignore her and continue out the door.

"What the fuck is that?!" I say to her full with rage. "What" She says shrugging her arms. "Don't play with me peps I see what you're doing in there" I say.

"I'm not doing anything wrong y/n" she says smiling sweetly. "Yes you fucking are! You're acting like me and it's freaking me out so stop it" I say. "I can do what I want" she says folding her arms. "You can't copy me Pepper, why are so interested is Noah suddenly anyways?" I ask her.

"Because he's single now so I can make a move." She says smirking. I stare at her in shock.

"Do you know how messed up that is Pepper?! He literally just broke up with his girlfriend like 15 hours ago, give the poor guy a break." I tell her.

"I know that he wants me" she says. "Oh really?" I snap back. "Yup, you know you're right y/n, I do get every guy you like. And what are you gonna do about that? because I'm the pretty and more interesting sister, your nothing but a snake that's a lying little whore!" She says snarkily.

"I never said I like Noah!" I say loudly. "Well do you?" She asks me. "I.... I don't know.." I trail off. "Point proven" she smirks.

"But even if I do I would never make a move on him just after he broke up with his girlfriend, that's fucked up!" I shout at her.

"Your loss" she says shrugging while turning around to walk back into the diner. I look down at my shoes as tears sting my eyes.

"NOAH! Hey" Pepper says. I look up and see Noah standing at the entrance of the diner. He looks angry... very angry.

"How much off that did you hear?" Pepper asks him.

"All of it. What the fuck pepper?!" Noah says angrily. "I- I'm sorry" she says looking down.

"You're clearly not after saying all those horrible things to y/n!" Noah says coming towards us. "I didn't mean it! Any of it!" She says walking towards him. Noah stops.

"Save it Pepper, I think you're the one who's a snake that's a lying whore" Noah shouts. I look at him shocked. "I think you should leave...." Noah says.

Pepper looks at him and then at me who's standing behind her, with tears in her eyes.

She runs off and Ashton and Gabi come out of the diner. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?" Ashton shouts running over to us. "I- I don't know" I say looking down wiping my eyes.

Noah comes over to me and wraps an arm around my shoulder. "You okay?" He asks me. "Mhm" I whisper, sniffling.

"I think we're gonna go home now, see you guys" Noah says. "Bye" they both say before walking back inside.

"Lets go" Noah says.