Chapter 11: Long Story Short

Y/n's pov

My heavy eyelids open up quickly to the sound of pans clattering downstairs. I run my sore eyes and sit up. What time is it... I check my phone for the time. It's way past 12. I groan and sit up, pulling the curtains open with the sunlight immediately seeping through.

My eyes focus on Noah and a girl sleeping in his bed. Yesterday.....

It all floods back to me. The drama that went down yesterday. A wave of sadness comes over me.

My mind races over the thoughts of yesterday as I sigh and pull the curtains shut again.

My legs swing out of bed as I pull myself out. I stumble downstairs to see the rest of my family in the kitchen, mom at the stove making pancakes, dad reading the paper at the counter while Pepper sits next to him, digging into some pancakes dripping in maple syrup. They all look happy..... must be nice I think to myself.

"Ah! Look who's finally up!" Dad says, putting down his newspaper. I roll my eyes and sit across from Pepper. "Pancakes?" Mom asks me, holding the spatula up. I nod at her and put my head down again.

"Where's my cheery girl at?" Dad asks. "She's not awake yet" I mumble, keeping my head down. Mom pushes a plate full of steaming hot pancakes covered in Nutella in front of me. "Thanks" I say quietly as I start eating.

The remaining time of me eating is spent with silence. I pick at my plate until I have eaten at least half a pancake. I'm not in the mood to eat right now.

"Not hungry?" Mom asks me. I shake my head and get up from the table. "I'm going to get dressed now" I say before hurrying back up the stairs.

I change and open my curtains again trying to let the light into my room. This time, there's no Sabrina but I'm met with a familiar sight.

Noah is standing near the window holding up his notebook. It says "can we talk?". He looks kinda guilty. He's probably faking it. He doesn't actually care about me or my feelings.

I roll my eyes and quickly shut the curtains again. No more sunlight for me I guess.

I grab my phone from my bedside table and text Gabi to ask her if she wants to meet up. I need to take my mind off of what happened and this is the only way I can think of.

Five minutes later, I'm walking out of the house towards the main road. I see Gabi leaning against a wall while chewing a piece of gum.

I smile and walk up to her. "Hey" I say softly. "Hey girl! what's up?" Gabi says cheerfully. "A lot" I sigh, looking down at the floor. Gabi pauses before grabbing my arm.

"Let's walk" She says.

We continue down the sidewalk to a small forest. I take a deep breath before I explain everything that happened yesterday.

"Jesus, I'm so sorry y/n, that sucks" she says sincerely. "It's okay" I say quietly.

"I mean, it's kinda expected from Noah" she continues. "What do you mean?" I say looking up, intrigued.

"Well Noah is a complete fuck boy, he finds a girl, hooks up with her or gets what he wants from her and then kicks her to he curb. It's happened a lot" Gabi explains, emphasizing the last bit. My jaw drops open.

"What?!" I say a bit too loud because an elderly couple looks at us.

"I'm surprised he hasn't gotten rid of Sabrina yet" Gabi shrugs.

"You didn't think of telling me this?" I say angrily.

"I didn't know you guys were... involved" she says defensively.