Chapter 28: Today Was A Fairytale (Taylors Version)

Y/ns pov

Today feels like a fucking fairytale.

It's been a whirlwind of emotions, from sadness to lust to anger. But the emotion I'm feeling right now is pure happiness. I'm currently wrapped in Noah's arms while I continue to eat cake while talking to all my friends. Although this day has been one of the worst days of my life it's also been one of the best.

The party is at full swing, people are dancing around the place with teens pouring out of the house. The pool is full with people again as The Neighborhood blasts through the speakers (sorry I'm listening to them rn that's all I can think of lol). I'm currently still standing in my wet bikini with Noah's hoodie on me and Noah's arms keeping me warm since my dress is soaked in the back of his car.

Suddenly I feel someone tap my right shoulder. I whip my head around and see it's Pepper giving me a strange look. "Hey Pepper!" I say. As I untwist Noah's arms from my body and turn around to face her, and Noah. "Can we talk?" She says looking at me and then looking up at Noah, both giving us strange looks. "Uhh sure?" I say before looking at Noah who nods at me. I quickly kiss his cheek before Pepper pulls me out of the circle.

"What's up?" I say. "Are you two a thing?" She asks straight to the point. "Who? Me and Noah?" I say. "No. You and Chloe. Of course you and Noah" she says rolling her eyes as she crosses her arms. "I think so? I mean we have a lot to figure out" I say. "When did this all happen?!" She says her eyes widening. "Today.." I say. "and this all happened while you guys were at a funeral?" She says raising her eyebrows. "Are you mad at me or something?" I ask her. "What! No no y/n/n I just saw you two and wanted to know what was up, you know Noah's one of my friends now" Pepper says laughing as she places a hand on my arm. "Oh okay good you got me worried for a second" I say nervously scratching the back of my neck.

"I know it sounds weird but I'll tell you all about it soon I promise" I tell her. "Oooo Okay can't wait for this storytime" she says smiling. "I'll let you get back to your boyfriend now" she says wiggling her eyebrows. "Stop saying that!" I say. "Why?" Pepper says. "Because were not officiall!" I tell her slapping her arm. "Well you better go officiate that now" she says before winking at me and walking away. I roll my eyes and go back over to my friends.

"What did Peps want?" Noah asks me. "Oh nothing she was just wondering how the funeral went" I say shrugging. "Oh okay" he says before wrapping one of his arms around my waist. "After all these months I can't believe this shit is right before my eyes" Chloe says looking at us. "Oh shut up Chloe" Noah says laughing.

A couple a hours later the party dies down. By now it's almost 3 am and my legs are starting to get tired. The alcohol has also warn off which is leaving my tired. Only a handful of people are left who are all sitting in the living room, including Noah,Chloe,Julia  and I. It's basically only Noah and Chloe's close friends. Thankfully Sabrina left like 3 hours ago or else this party would be overrr. Even paisley left with some guy cuz she was in a huff that she didn't get to hook up with Noah.

The laughing dies down from the last "would you rather" question Noah's friend Luke asked. "Okay Okay Noah, would you rather hook up with Zendaya or Kate Upton?" Julia asks him. "Easy, Zendaya" he answers quickly. "Wow that was fast-" I say turning to Noah, who is behind me since im sitting on his lap. "Oh please it's an easy choice it's like asking you would you rather hook up with Tom Holland or me, you would instantly choose me" He says raising his eyebrows. "Hey hey hey I never said thattt" I say laughing. As everyone "oooos". Noah fakes a scoff as he puts his hand on his heart. "I'm kidding of course I'd choose you over Spider-Man" I say hesitantly, but I'm only messing with Noah. "Rude!" He says as he pulls me off of his lap and pushes me onto the couch. "I'm just messing with you Noah" I say laughing. "Yeah, sureee" He says folding his arms. "No for real, I don't want to end up dying like how MJ did in the comics" I say looking at him. "How did she die in the comics?" Chloe asks. I look at her. "You don't wanna know..." I say shuddering as everyone laughs.

Noah drags me off of the couch and back onto his lap. "Awwww they've only been together for a couple of hours and they're already the cutest" Julia says cuddling up next to Chloe with a blanket wrapped around them. There's an awkward silence.

"We're not really together yet..." I say awkwardly. "You're not!?" Julia stands up in protest. We both shake our heads. "Well shut up and be together already!" She says. "I didn't say anything-" Noah says.

I look back at Noah. "Well?" Noah says. "Well what?" I say furring my eyebrows. "Do you want to be together?" He says smirking. "Is that even a question?" I say smiling. "No it was more rhetorical." He says. I look at him before slowly leaning forward and kissing him. Noah pulls away from the kiss but his face stays close to mine. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks me. "I would love too" I say giggling. "This is the best birthday present ever!" He says excitedly before pulling me around to face him and hugging me tightly. "AWWWWW" the whole room says mockingly, before running over to us and joining in on the hug.
————————————————————
Lil cute chapter for 300 followers <3 the song does not really fit the vibe but the lyrics do 😭🤚 so enjoy xx