Chapter 31: New Year's Day

(Don't think of the song as a couples pov lol)

Y/n's pov
I stare at pepper in shock. "W- what?!" I say.
"You're joking-"

Pepper just continues sobbing while staring at the test laying in her lap. I pick it up. "Please tell me this is one of those fake ones you can get on amazon-" I say staring at it in disbelief. Pepper is only 16, Well we're 17 next month how is she meant to raise a child?! (A/n: btw I'm not trying to say that teen moms are bad moms it's just for the story <3)

Pepper just shakes her head. "I don't know what to do y/n" she says sniffling. I grab her hand and squeeze it. I can't imagine what she's feeling right now. "Did you tell mom yet?" I ask her cautiously. "Are you kidding me?! No I didn't not fucking tell mom, she'll kill me!" Pepper says angrily. "Okay okay, what about Tony?" I say. Pepper looks down.

"Peps?"

"Pepper What is it?" I ask her. She mumbles a reply. "What?" I say in confusion. "Tonybrokeupwithme" Pepper says. "Pepper I can't hear you speak up" I say getting closer. "TONY BROKE UP WITH ME" she says throwing her hands in frustration. "WHAT?!" I say. "He- he broke up with me after I told him, he said he didn't want to "ruin his chances of a good life" and then dumped me" Pepper says with quotations before she breaks down again. "Oh Peps..." I say before pulling her into a long hug. I rub her back slowly as she sobs into my shoulder.

"This is one big fucking mess and it's all my fault" she whispers. "Pepper dont blame yourself" I tell her. "Then who am I to blame?! It's no ones fault but mine, I'm the one who fucked up" Pepper says letting go of me. "But we can fix it- we can tell mom and she can help you and we can make it all work" I say trying to come up with ideas.

"How is it supposed to fucking work?! I'm sixteen y/n I can't take care of a goddamn child!" She says loudly. "I- I don't know Pepper but-" I start but she cuts me off "but what? I can barely take care of myself, let alone a child and now Tony couldn't give two shits about me."

"We can figure it out, together. I promise" I say grabbing her hands. She looks up at me with her teary blue eyes before pulling me closer and sobs into my arms. We sit there for a while holding each other before pepper calms down a small bit.

"Pepper?" I ask her. "Yeah" she says sniffling.

"Don't argue with me but we need to tell mom, even if she is mad she will help you, she loves you and you know that" I tell her as I rub her back.

"I'll tell her tomorrow." She says looking down.

*the next day*

"Y/n come set the table for me" mom calls from downstairs. I sigh before getting off my bed and walking downstairs. Pepper is planning on telling our parents at dinner. I cant imagine how she's feeling. I'm nervous for her, hopefully it goes well.

I finish putting the glasses on the table before mom tells me to go get pepper and dad for dinner. I walk into the living room to see dad and pepper on the couch. Dad's flicking through the tv channels whilst pepper is nervously nibbling at her nails. "Dinners ready" I say cautiously eyeing pepper. "Alright hon be out in a sec" dad says as I walk out with pepper.

We sit down at the table next to each other and seconds later mom puts a big dish in front of us. "Casserole" she smiles annoyingly. I roll my eyes.

Dad walks in and sits across from me. Mom finally walks over and we sit down and start eating. "So how was everyone's day?" Mom asks as she pops a piece of carrot into her mouth. "Good I guess" I reply. "Oh by the way I got the car washed like you asked honey" dad says looking at mom. "Thanks sweetheart" mom says tiredly.

We continue eating the stupid casserole chatting about stuff until dad says "pepper you alright hon? You look a little pale and you haven't been speaking that much".

"I'm fine" pepper replies quickly. "You sure?" Mom says looking at her worriedly. Pepper shakes her head before picking at the casserole on her plate. I give her hand a light squeeze under the table. Trying to give her a signal.

"I have to tell you guys something..." pepper says quietly, looking down at the brown meat on her plate. Mom and dad look at each other then back at pepper.

"What is it love?" Mom says. Pepper stays silent for a bit. "Peps?" Dad says. "Umm" pepper says.

"Pepper spit it out" Mom says getting impatient. "Well i-" she starts, before stopping again, looking down at her plate.

"Pepper?!" Mom says giving her the "angry mom eyes".

She looks up at mom with her eyes full of tears. "I'm pregnant".

Silence.

It seems as if the whole world has stopped that's how quiet it is.

"Well this is some great casserole" my dad says. Mom gives him a deadly look before shooting it straight at pepper.

"Leave. Now." she tells Pepper. Pepper slowly stands up from the table shaking.

I've never seen mom this mad

Pepper starts going up the stairs. "Not to your room. I don't want any sluts in my house" Mom says staring at pepper. I stare at my mom. She cant be serious, can she?

Pepper wipes her eyes before running out the door and slamming it.

"MOM YOU CANT BE SERIOUS" I say standing up, furious. "Layla....." my dad says looking at mom. (Idk if I gave her a name or not, please tell me if she has a diffrent one)

Mom just looks at me and then back to dad, her hand clutched around her fork. I can see the tears brimming up in her eyes before she looks down at her plate.

"MOM BRING HER BACK IN" I demand "YOURE SERIOUSLY LEAVING HER OUT THERE?! ITS OCTOBER"

"Layla please-" dad tries to reason with her, but she doesn't allow it. "I'm not letting this family go to shit." She says firmly.

"YOU SELFISH BITCH, WHY ARE YOU ONLY THINKING ABOUT YOUR OWN REPUTATION WHILE YOUR OWN DAUGHTER IS OUTSIDE FREEZING BECAUSE YOU WONT LET HER INTO YOUR OWN FUCKING HOME?!" I scream at her.

"DO NOT TALK TO ME LIKE THAT YOU BRAT" mom screams back as she stands up, her hands pressing onto the table.

"WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? KICK ME OUT LIKE YOU DID WITH PEPPER??" I tell her. She steps back a bit.

"SO WHAT IF I DID? THEN ID HAVE NO DAUGHTERS THAT WOULD SCREW UP THEIR WHOLE LIVES" she says throwing her hands up in the air.

"FINE THEN. IM LEAVING. YOURE THE WORST FUCKING MOM EVER YOU KNOW THAT?!" I say before pushing my chair away and running out the door after pepper.

I slam the door behind me before calling out for Pepper. "PEPPER?" I shout. "PEPPER WHERE ARE YOU?" I continue shouting, as I run around the neighbourhood frantically looking around at the dark surroundings in front of me. My phone is still in my room so I have no flashlight.

I sigh as tears fall down my cheeks. She couldn't have gone too far could she? "Pepper please" i gasp out before sobbing and falling down to my knees.

I feel a hand on my shoulder. "She's with me love" I hear a soft voice behind me. I turn around and see Karine. I get up quickly as I wipe my eyes. "Is she okay?" I ask her. "Why don't you come with me?" She says I nod and follow her. We arrive back at her house. I look over to mine and I can my parents arguing through the window. Karine opens her door and I follow.

"She's up in chloes room if you want to go up, I'm the only one here so you're fine" she tells me. "Thank you" I say before rushing up the stairs.
me
————————————————————
Hey babes sorry I haven't updated in ages oops lol it's cuz of school and I had no ideas BAHAHAHHAHAHAHA anyways please remember this is fiction and it's only for the story, love you guys <3