Chapter 19: Fifteen (Taylors Version)

Y/ns pov

School. The first day of school. The day I had dreaded all through summer had finally arrived.

I'm woken by the sound of my alarm beeping into my ear. I immediately sit up and turn it off. 6:45 am.  I groan before throwing the quilt off of me and getting up. I change into some sweatpants and a shirt. I look in the mirror at my outfit. I don't wanna look like a hobo on my first day jesus I gotta make a good impression.

I change out of my outfit into i skirt and a tank top. I brush my hair and throw on my shoes before heading down to get breakfast.

I'm greeted by the smell of sizzling bacon wafting from the kitchen. As I walk in I see Pepper sitting down eating, dad at the stove and mom pouring coffee into a mug.

"Morning" I quietly say before hoisting myself up onto a seat. "Ah there's my girl. Bacon?" My dad asks. I nod. He puts some into my plate and I dig in.

"Who's bringing us to school?" I ask. "Well Tonys bringing me." Pepper replies. Mom smirks at her. Tony is peppers "friend that's a boy" we all know they're dating though. I mean she's not very discrete with it.

"I'll bring you sweetie" mom says looking at me with a smile. I nod and continue eating.

A couple of minutes later there's a knock on the door. "I'll get it!" Pepper says as she jumps up from her chair. Dad gives mom a suspicious. She races back in to get her back that's hanging off the back of the chair. "My rides here see ya!" She says before running out of the door again.

"We should get going too" mom says, grabbing her purse from the counter. "Okay" I reply standing up.

I grab my bag from my room and race downstairs. Dad gives me a kiss on the cheek. "Have fun sweetie" he says. "Okay bye dad love you" I say before heading out the door.

We arrive at the school and I'm about to jump out before mom stops me. "You want me to come in?" She asks. "Mom, I'm 16 no need to worry" I laugh. "Plus peppers the same age and you let her go off with a boy you've barley met."

"I know, I know alright just stop off at the secretary's office and she'll give you your class schedule and your locker number and stuff like that okay?" Mom tells me. "Yup, bye mom" I say before heading out of the car. "Love you!" She calls out before driving away. My cheeks flush red with embarrassment before i quickly walk into the school in front of me.

As I walk in I come to realisation that I have no clue where the secretary's office is. "Shit" I mumble under my breath.

"You okay?" A voice calls from behind me. I turn my head around and see a tall girl in front of me. I recognise her from that party that happened a couple times weeks back.She had a sincere look on her face.

"Um I'm looking for the secretary's office, any chance you know where that is?" I ask her.

"Of course" she smiles, she then turns her head and starts walking. I assume she's bringing me there so I follow her. I catch up to her and walk by her side. "I'm Julia by the way" she says looking at me. "Y/n" I smile.

"I'm sure I've seen you before- wait, aren't you the girl who's friend was off her head at that party a couple of weeks back" she asks me. "Gabi?" I say gritting my teeth, trying to keep my smile. "Yeah! Gabi Layne right?" She says. "Mhm" I nod. "Oh man, that sucked I felt really bad for you" she says giving me a sincere look.
"Thanks" i awkwardly laugh. "Oh- we're here! Well I hope I see you later in one of my classes. See ya y/n!" Julia says, giving me a friendly smile before turning down the hallway.

I take a deep breath and push the door into the office. I'm greeted by a lady sitting down by her desk, intrigued with something on her computer. She has deep red hair tied up into a messy bun. I slightly knock on the open door to catch her attention. She jumps a bit before focusing her eyes on me.