Chapter 9: Getaway Car

Y/n's pov

Noah smiles at me. "Yes" He says. "Great" I reply back. We sit there in silence for a little bit until I say "noah?". "Yeah?" He replies. "This has to be a secret though" I explain. "Why?" He asks me curiously.

"If Pepper finds out, I- I don't know if she would ever forgive me. I really dont want to lose her" I say. Noah takes my hand. "It's okay. We can keep it a secret. I won't even tell Chloe" he says looking at me. "Thank you" I say as I hug him.

Suddenly there's another knock on the door. "Yes?" I call out, letting go of Noah. "I'm going out with my friend right now" Pepper says. "Okay that's fine" I say replying. At least she's talking to me now "bye" she says before going downstairs.

"You hungry?" I ask Noah. "Kinda" He replies. "Let's go get food" I say grabbing his hand and dragging him off my bed. We order a pizza from dominos and we sit on the couch waiting for it. "I didn't know Pepper had other friends. Well other than me" noah says. "She probably went out with Gabi and Ashton or something" I say while turning on the tv.

After watching tv for a while we hear the doorbell ring. "I'll get it" I say getting up. I walk over to the door and open it to se the dominos delivery guy standing there. "Hey" I say. "Is this for y/n?" He asks me. "Yup, here you go" I say handing the money. "Thanks have a nice night." The Guys says before turning around.

I walk back inside and flop back down onto the couch next to Noah.  I set the pizza on the coffee table in front of us and I grab a slice. We sit there eating pizza while watching reruns of Jessie.

After a while I start to get bored of Jessie. "Wanna do something fun?" I ask Noah. "Okay but what?" He says. "I don't know" I laugh "I was hoping you had ideas". "We could.... go somewhere I guess?" Noah says. "Okay let's go!" I say jumping up. "Wait, Right now?" Noah says. "Yes now, I'm bored right now" I reply. "How could you get bored of me?" Noah says acting offended. "I'm just bored of being in the house silly" I say punching his shoulder playfully.

We walk outside to see the night sky. It's about 12:30pm right now. It's past me and Peppers curfew. "Where ARE my parents?" I say. "Probably at my parents house or something" noah replies. Along with Noah and I growing closer these past couple of weeks, our parents have as well. We were invited to dinner one day and they go over to their house nearly everyday since.

We hop into Noah's car and he starts pulling out of the driveway. "Where are we actually going?" Noah asks. "You know this place better than me. Surprise me" I say laughing. "Okay" Noah says while continuing out of the driveway.

We sit in silence listening to the radio until Noah pulls into a long empty tunnel. "What is this?" I ask him. "Have you ever since the perks of being a wallflower?" He says looking at me. "Uh duh it's a classic" I say laughing. "Well think of this as the tunnel in the movie" he says pointing to the sun roof in his car. "But what about a tunnel song? We don't have one" I say.

Noah pulls out his phone and starts playing a song. He turns it up loud and I immediately recognize it and start laughing. I stand up and peek my head out of the sun roof. I put my arms up as Noah speeds up and we fly through the empty tunnel. The lights flashing before me. "RIDING IN A GETAWAY CAR THERE WERE SIRENS IN THE BEAT OF YOUR HEART" I start singing along with the lyrics. I can hear Noah laughing from the drivers seat.

He continues down the tunnel as I scream the lyrics through it. Once the tunnel is over a fall back down into my seat and Noah turns down the music. "That. Was. Amazing" I say out of breath. Noah laughs at me. "Your singing skills have gotten better" he says sarcastically. "Uh like you do much better" i laugh back.

We go down a narrower road until Noah pulls the car to a stop. It's pitch back outside. "Oh god have you brought me here to murder me" I say laughing. "I was planning on doing that next week so your good for now" He says smiling.

We hop out of the car and I look around. I can hear the gushing of a large river in front of us. There's also a tall oak tree towering above us. You can hear the sound of nature all around us. "This place is so peaceful" I whisper. "I know right, Chloe and I used to go hear all the time with our friends when we were little." Noah says. "Awww that's so cute" I say giggling.

"Cmon lets go up the tree" Noah says. "You can climb up it?" I say looking at the tall tree. "Yes it's super easy" Noah says walking towards it. He starts going up while I follow him up. Even though it's pitch black it is really easy to get up.

Noah eventually stops and sits on a branch. I go up to him and sit next to him. "Look" Noah says flashing his flashlight at the tree trunk. I look over and see some writing on the tree.

It reads: Noah and Chloe Schnapp on the 10/3/2013

There was also other names written on the tree with dates next to them. I also see Sabrina's name scratched in. "Your turn" Noah says handing a pen knife to me. "Me?" I say. "Yes, you've earned your place on our sacred tree" Noah laughs. "Okay, scooch over" I say shifting over to the tree trunk.

I carefully scrawl in: "y/n y/l/n + n.s on the 7/29/2021 <3

I move back to show Noah. "Ta da!" I say showing Noah. "I love it" he smiles "now it's getting late so I think we should go".

We start climbing down until we reach the ground and we get into the car and start driving home. Noah pulls into his driveway and we sneakily walk back to my house. I don't really think our parent care that Noah is at our house I think to myself. We go into the house and walk up to my room. Mom, dad and pepper are still out somewhere.

I grab my pajamas and walk into the bathroom to change. When I come out I see Noah lying on my bed only in his sweatpants. "I'm guessing you're staying here" I smirk. "Well if it's okay" Noah says looking at me. "Of course it's okay" I say laughing while walking towards him.

I lie down next to him and I wrap the covers around me. "Hey! What about me?" Noah says pulling them off me. "Um rude, first of all this is my house" I say grabbing them back. "Well I'm your guest" Noah says snatching them back. I pull them again with as much strength I could muster. I'm guessing I was a little too strong because I end up on the floor with Noah on top of me tangled up in the covers.

"Y/n I'm back with- OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL" someone says from my door. Noah and I look over and see pepper gasping at us. "WHAT THE FUCK NOAH I KNEW IT" Sabrina says from behind Pepper.

(This was kinda a filler I'm sorry lmao)