Chapter 26 : New Romantics

Y/ns pov

"What? No no I'm fine I don't need to go" he says looking at me with a confused expression on his face. "Yeah, you do" I tell him. I mean I cant blame the guy, if I had this massive party waiting for me at home,I'd wanna go too.

"No y/n I'm perfectly fine being here with you- I mean driving you home" he says focusing his eyes on the road. "I can see you're not Noah, cant you just go?" I say desperately at the last part. "But I wanna make sure you're ok" he says giving me a worried look. That sentence makes my cheeks go red (taylors version) a little.

"I'll be ok if we just go to that damn party" I say staring at him. He sighs. "Are you sure you're cool with that?" He asks me. "Positive" I say. "Okay fine, but only cuz you said so" he smirks. "Oh 100%" I say laughing. "Also we need to stop at my house because I'm not wearing this fucking funeral dress" I laugh.

I am feeling a little bit bittersweet about going to the party, I mean since we just came back from ambers funeral but I know she'd think this is the right thing to do. She wouldn't want me to dwell on the past.

Now that noah and I are in a better mood we start listening to reputation (me rn. fav album 🤞🤞)and quietly singing the songs while laughing are asses off. The rest of the car journey goes by quickly until we reach noahs house. It's completely dark outside and Noahs house is empty since his parents are gone out somewhere and everyone else is at paisleys.

I look at the time on my phone. It reads 11:19pm. "Shit Noah it's late we better be quick" I tell him as i hop out of the car. My heels clink on the pavement underneath my feet as I walk over near my house. "I'm gonna get changed real quick meet me in the car" Noah says as I nod and walk up to my house, putting the key in.

I run up the stairs as I scramble through my closet looking for something to wear. I finally find one I put on the black dress with long sleeves because it is October after all:

 I finally find one I put on the black dress with long sleeves because it is October after all:

I was about to change into it when I realise that I forgot it was a pool party. I throw this bathing suit on before just incase.

 I throw this bathing suit on before just incase

(Without the hoodie obvi)

I touch up my make up a bit before turning around and seeing Noah. He was wearing some black jeans with a white shirt with a couple of buttons undone at the top. I had to admit- he looked fucking irresistible... if that's even a word to describe him. He gave me a nod before we both walked out of our rooms to get to his car.