Chapter 33: Nothing New feat. Pheobe Bridgers (Taylor's Version)

Y/ns pov

I breathe a sigh of relief when I feel Noah's arms right around me. Tears squeeze out of my eyes before I can stop them. "Hey, hey shhhh it's okay baby" he comforts while rubbing my back. I sniffle a bit before letting go of Noah. "Wanna go talk somewhere else so we don't wake Pepper?" Noah says and i nod before taking his out-stretched hand and walking over to the balcony door in the room.

Once we're outside Noah says "This room is the only one with a balcony". I raise my brows.
"When Chloe and I got our own rooms, we argued for about a month over which twin was gonna get this room, because we both wanted the balcony" he chuckles. "But in the end Mom was fed up with our arguing so she decided no one gets the balcony room". I laugh quietly.

There's a moment of silence. "What's going on y/n?" He says while looking at me worriedly.

"Pepper's pregnant."

"Oh-"

"And mom kicked her out of the house so I went with her"

Noah sighs and his eyes drop down to his feet. "Holy shit- Y/n im so Sorry". "I mean it's not your fault" I mumble.

"Well i want to help make it better, is pepper ok?" He asks. "Not really" I shrug.

"What do you think shes gonna do?"
"I honestly don't know- and Tony broke up with her, that asshole" I tell him.

"What?! That little shit. Y/n I swear if anything like this happens to you I won't leave you"

That makes my heart melt a little.

I smile up at him. "I think tomorrow i just need to sort everything out with pepper".

"I'll help, Chloe will as well, and my parents. We all want to help you and pepper ok?" He says says he puts his arm around me and kisses my forehead. I snuggle into his chest for a bit and we stay like that, staring at the big bright moon in front of us. I wish life was just as peaceful as this moment.

A while later Noah and I go back inside. I slip back into the bed with Pepper because I don't want to leave her alone. "I'll see you tomorrow darling" he says before kissing me softly. I nod at him before sinking back into my pillow. Noah walks out and shuts the door quietly behind him. I snuggle up closer to Pepper. I don't want her to feel alone even though it must feel like the whole world is against her now.

After a long night of tossing and turning, the sun finally rises. I slowly pull the covers off of me and creep out of the room. I walk over to Noah's bedroom door and open it. Noah's laying in his bed, shirtless, with the covers pulled up to his face. I go around the other side of the bed and lie down near him.

I lightly tap on his shoulder and he starts moving. He groans a little and then stretches and whacks me in the face. "Ow" I say quietly trying to hold in my laughter but then Noah's head whips around. "Oh my god you scared me love" he says. "Sorry" i chuckle "i couldn't sleep at all". "It's okay" he says before rustling my hair. "Heyyyyy you're gonna make my bed hair worseee" I say, fluffing his back. "Well i think it looks perfect" he smiles.

"Where's pepper anyways?" He asks. "I left alone, figured she needs the sleep." I say. "Wanna go downstairs?" Noah says. "Sure" I say getting up.

We walk downstairs and Karine is already up.
"Oh! Morning guys, did you have a good sleep" "mmm not so much" I say. "Aw no honey, you can go back up for a nap if you want?" She offers. "Oh no I'm fine, I think it's pepper who needs the sleep" I say smiling at her.

"Of course, she can sleep as long as she likes" Karine says. "Anyways you guys want some pancakes?" She says and we both nod.

While we're sitting down eating breakfast Karine starts talking. "I'm gonna go over to your mother and have a chat with her later, see if I can knock some sense into her" she says. I laugh, "I think that might be impossible". "Well, I'll try my best and if she doesn't budge we can always work something else out."

"Thanks Karine, you really don't have to do this. I can try" I say looking at her. "I know hon, but I want too. You girls have been so sweet since you moved here and I would hate to see your family falling apart. Pepper is a strong girl, and so are you