Chapter 7: I Think He Knows

Y/n's pov

Noah walks me out of the diners parking lot and we head down the path. "Where are we going, you said we were going home?" I turn to Noah.

"Well I figured that you didn't want to go back home since Pepper is most likely gone there. You can go home if you like" Noah tells me. "no no I was just wondering" I said as I look forward. We're going a different route to the way we got here so I have no idea where we're going.

We continue walking down the side walk. I can't help but notice that Noah's arm is still wrapped around my shoulder and he hasn't taken it off. I'm not complaining though.

We walk into a park. Noah sits down on a bench and I sit next to him.

"Do you wanna talk about what just happened or...." Noah says. "I'm so sorry about all of that Noah we have never had a fight like this" I start "Pepper has a massive crush on you and I think she's jealous of us hanging out a lot more than her".

"It's fine y/n, really. It's not even your fault and I don't even like pepper like that" Noah says looking at me. "You don't?" I ask him surprised. Nearly every boy I've talked to is obsessed with pepper. "Nope. I kinda have a crush on someone else" Noah says laughing. "Wow Noah you moved on quick" I laugh trying to hide my disappointment "who's the lucky lady?".

"Lucky?" Noah grins turning to me. "I- I mean like... shut up" I say my face turning red. "Relax y/n I'm only messing" Noah says laughing. "I meant it as a figure of speech" I explain myself. "That's for me to know and you to find out" Noah smirks. "Oh my god you're so annoying" I laugh playfully punching his arm.

We sit there for a while, looking around at the park. There's kids running around the playground with parents chasing them. There's dogs running around playing with each other and there's a group of girls taking pictures.

"So.... are you gonna break the news to pepper or will I?" I ask Noah. "I think I should do it. I mean She probably doesn't wanna talk to you right now and she might not even believe you so it might be better if I tell her the truth" he says. "Okay great cuz I definitely didn't want to do it" I laugh.

We sit there for a while in each other's company. "I think we should probably get going" Noah says breaking the silence. "Okay" I say hopping up off the bench.

We start walking out the gates and to the sidewalk. "Should we tell her now?" I ask him. "Ehhh I guess so" noah says. "She's gonna fucking kill me for telling you about her crush" I say nervously. "Relax y/n, if she tries to kill you you can move in with me" noah says laughing. "Great" I smile.

We walk back into the neighborhood towards my house. I start to feel anxious about how she's gonna react.

I must of been showing my anxiety because Noah's grabs my hand and squeezes it. We walk up to the front door and I open it. I can hear my mom in the kitchen. "Hey mom" I call out.

My mom walks out from the kitchen. "Oh hey y/n is pepper okay? she came in cry- oh who's this?" Mom says looking at Noah. "Oh this is Noah, our next door neighbor" I say. She looks at both of us.

"Are you guys.. together?" She asks me raising her eyebrows. "What?!" I look at where she's looking and see Noah and I are still holding hands. I snatch mine away. "No mom, we arent" I say. "Nice to meet you mrs.Y/l/n" Noah says holding out his hand. My mom shakes it. "Nice to meet you too noah" she says "please, call me y/m/n".

"Okay We're going up to Pepper now" I say pulling Noah up the stairs. "Okay. Oh and by the way we're having casserole for dinner" she says. I groan and we continue up the stairs.

We stand outside peppers door. Not having enough courage to walk in. "Should we go in now?" Noah whispers to me. "Let's just go to my room for a while" I whisper back "Yup" he says quickly and we practically run into my room.