Chapter 8: August

Y/n's pov

It's been about 3 weeks since the whole "Pepper incident". Things haven't really been going well with me and her. she only comes out of her room for dinner or something. Mom tries to get us to talk but when she leaves the room we just sit there in silence. I do miss her but I really can't do anything about it, I mean, I've tried to talk about it but she just shrugs it off and walks out of the room it something. I really do miss having my twin sister.

On the other hand Noah and I still hang out. Nearly everyday in fact. We've gotten along so well and his sister, Chloe is really nice too. We try to avoid mentioning Pepper since it's kinda awkward but it's hard when she lives in the same house that we hang out in.

Although it's hard to keep our friendship on the down low in front of Pepper, we do still have so much fun. We have our secret Taylor Swift karaoke sessions, and we FaceTime Amber and Brady sometimes. They're crazy about him too, we also have movie marathons and we go walking on the beach a lot even though is a long way away from our houses.

The only bad thing is each time we hang out my feelings get stronger and stronger which sucks, since I know he doesn't like me like that. He has his own crush on another girl.

As I'm watching some old Taylor music videos I hear a knock outside. I crawl over my bed and open my curtains.

I see Noah sitting on his bed, which he moved closer to the window so we don't have to get out of it beds to talk. He's holding up his notebook. His third one in fact, since we never stop talking.

"hey y/n" it says.

I grab my notebook from my nightstand and write "hi".

"wanna do something tomorrow?" He writes back.

"yes! but what?" I scribble back

"idk we could go to the beach?" Noah says.

"omg yesss we havent gone in like agesss" I write back.

"good but bring your swimsuit" Noah says.

I realize that even though we spend a lot of our time at the beach we haven't gone swimming yet.

"are we going swimming?" I scribble down excitedly.

"no i just want to see u in a swimsuit" Noah scribbles smirking.

I raise my eyebrows at him and he holds up his notebook again.

"im kidding of fuckin course were gonna swim" Noah laughs.

I sigh and laugh aswell. "good I'm sleepin now cuz I'm tired" I write.

"be ready at 10" noah writes.

"okay night Noah" I write back.

"Nighttt y/n" Noah writes before I pull my curtains close and set my alarm for 9 am.

I wake up with shake it off blaring into my ears. (a/n fun fact about me is one time I was on a school trip in Paris and we had to get up at 6 am and I set an alarm and shake it off staring blasting in the hotel room with my friends they were not impressed lmaoooo)

I groan and roll over to turn off my alarm. I lay there motionless for about like five minutes staring at the ceiling trying to wake up before hopping out of bed. I take a quick shower before tying my hair into two braids and  picking out a swimsuit.

I grab this one from my closet: