Chapter 12: This Is Why We Cant Have Nice Things

Y/ns pov

We walk up to the doorway of the house where the party was. My heart was beating in my chest and the music came blaring from the house. Gabi pulls me in through the doorway where we bump into a couple of teenagers dancing. The room is filled with teens dancing, drinking, smoking and some even making out. I roll my eyes at them and walk past.

Gabi turns into another room with me following. This room is less crowded. Over in the corner of the room is a table filled up with bottles of all kinds of alcohol. Gabi pulls me over to the table as she walks up and pours herself a cup of some substance from a bowl. She lifts the cup up gesturing to me asking if I want any. I shake my head at her. I don't want to get drunk tonight.

"Cmon y/n loosen up, I promise it will make you feel better about Noah" she says, downing the last of her drink.

"No Gabi I'm not getting drunk tonight, out of all nights" I say.

She sighs. "Fine, but at least try and enjoy yourself" she says before turning back to the bowl to get more of her drink.

I stand there with my arms folded. On top of everything that happened yesterday I don't want to deal with drunk gabi aswell. She's looks like the kinda girl that parties hard.

As gabi finishes her second drink she turns around to refill. I grab her arm. "Nuh uh you've had enough for now" I tut.

She grunts and starts walking out of the room. I quickly follow her, not wanting to be left alone. 

I cant deal with parties. The thought of all of the teens around me getting wasted or pregnant or whatever the fuck they do at parties makes me nauseous. Back at my hometown I never went to parties. I'm the kinda girl who would rather be screaming Taylor Swift songs in my pajamas then getting drunk at some random party then hooking up with someone who's name I don't even know.

We arrive back into the room where we first came in. Gabi walks into to crowd of teens who are dancing and I try to follow her but I get lost in the group of kids. The faint smell of sweat and alcohol makes my nose sting. I push through them until I see Gabi walking across to the another door. I push through the two people that are making out in front of me as I jog up to gabi.

She goes into the door which I follow until I end up in a room even more busy then the one we were just in. By now I've completely lost sight of gabi. Well shit I'm never gonna find her now... I think to myself as I turn to walk out of the doorway.

Suddenly I crash into someone. I get pushed up against the doorframe. "What the fuck" I mumble angrily till I look up and see who crashed into me. My heart stops.

I quickly brush past Noah trying to avoid conflict but before I can get past him he grabs my wrist. "Wait! Y/n/n" he says. I give him a dirty look before snatching my wrist away.

"What." I say through gritted teeth. "Can we please talk?" Noah asks me desperately before looking at me up and down and smirking.

I scoff in disgust. "Fuck no" I say before storming off.

I'm so annoyed more then sad. After all he did he still had the nerve to check me out. He lied and most of all cheated on his own girlfriend with me. In fact he's still with his girlfriend so i don't know why he's looking at me. I push through the dancing crowd and straight back into the room where the drinks were. I grab a cup and fill it up with the liquid that gabi just drank. I down it before feeling the burn in my throat from the alcohol. I cough from the sudden burning before filling my cup up again. I'm too mad to think straight.

I walk back into the main room trying to find gabi. After 5 minutes of blatantly looking around for her i spot in the corner with some guy. She's aggressively making out with him. I gag at the sight of her before walking back out of the room.

Great, so now I've lost gabi too. I think to myself before finishing off my drink. My mind gets a bit foggy but I can't help loving it. The feeling of sadness and anger drifts away and all I can feel is a sudden rush of energy. I smile to myself before walking back to get another drink.

A couple of minutes later and I'm wandering around the house. Taking in all the surroundings. The house is gorgeous and I just know that tomorrow it's gonna be trashed.

I start wandering upstairs before bumping into someone. "Y/n?" They say. I look up and see it's Ashton. "Oh my god! Ashhhh hey I missed youu" i exclaim before giving a hug. He hesitantly wraps his arms around me. "Hey y/n. Why are you here?" He says.

I look up at him. "Gabi brought me here but I didn't want to go but now it's so fun!" I say laughing at how stupid I was not wanting to come.

"Have you been drinking?" He says. "What are you- my dad?" I say throwing my head back laughing.

"Oh god you have. Come with me" he says taking my hand. "What? No! I don't want to" I say pulling my hand back.

"Relax y/n I'm not going to hurt you. I'm just going to find gabi" he laughs. "Okay you go i'll be here" I say folding my arms.

He sighs. "Alright. Well, have fun there I guess" he says before walking past me down the stairs.

"I will" I say smiling before turning back upstairs to explore the house more.

I wander around for a bit before getting bored. I go back downstairs to get another drink. I go into the room with the table but all of the stuff in the bowl is gone. I sigh and I grab one of the bottles before taking a swig. This one is much more strong and I cough at the instant bitterness.

I gulp down some more and I walk back out. The room isn't as crowded as last time and I look around for an answer as to why no one is in here. I look out of a window to see a crowd of teenagers all gathered around something.

I walk over to the open door and stumble outside. I push past the people in front of me until I see what's so important that everyone is crowding around.

My eyes lay onto gabi dancing on a table, a bottle of some sort of alcohol in her hands. Everyone is cheering her on as she sways to the music. "GABI WHAT ARE YOU DOING" I shout at her.

All the eyes turn to me. I look down trying to avoid eye contact. "I'm having fun y/n. You wouldn't know what that's like" she says before taking a swig out of the bottle. There's a couple of murmurs from the crowd.

"I know how to have fun" i retort. "Yeah what kinda fun? Hooking up with other people's boyfriends" she says laughing.

I freeze. The embarrassment creeps in which makes my cheeks turn red. There's a couple of "ooos" from the group of teenagers followed by silence. My brain doesn't seem to function and I cant come up with a reply.

"I didn't know" I say quietly keeping my eyes steadily looking down at the floor. "Yeah right y/n." She says rolling her eyes. I feel someone pull me out of the crowd.