Chapter 25: coney island feat. The National/Soon You'll Get Better

(Long chapter alertttt‼️‼️)
(Play soon you'll get better AFTER Coney Island xx)
(ALSO I promise next chapter isn't a sad song because it's getting too depressing up in here)

(I don't these songs work so just play it on Spotify or something here are the links:

Coney Island:
https://open.spotify.com/track/3k7ne7VmH43ZPWxPdvPUgR?si=XbtfvMhLRLSbPLeZx-HRsg&dl_branch=1

Soon you'll get better:
https://open.spotify.com/track/4AYtqFyFbX0Xkc2wtcygTr?si=LmPKGScCRZelUMRI_QsTAA&dl_branch=1

Y/n's pov

I give Chloe a hesitant look as she does the same. "You don't have to do that it's your birthday...." I say not even looking directly at him.

"It's fine" he shrugs. "I don't know..." I say hesitantly "But you'll miss your party, the funeral starts at 6pm and it takes like 3 hours each way to get there and you'll probably have to attend because yay better then waiting outside for two hours and oh my god you're not gonna make it in t-" I start but he cuts me off. "I said it's fine y/n, it doesn't matter about the party and I can attend it, it's no problem" he says in a calm tone.

I look at Chloe who shrugs at me and then I look noah in the eyes for the first time in what feels like forever.  He looks into mine aswell as he gives me a sincere look. I take a deep breath. "Okay" I reply. Although Noah is the last person I would want to drive me he's my only chance to make it.

"Just come over when you're ready" he says before going back inside. I look at Chloe in shock. "Is this really happening?" I groan. Chloe puts her hand on my shoulder. "Yes love, it is".

I go back to the house and take a quick shower. I straighten my hair just so it looks neat and tidy instead of the wild tangles it's usually in. I put on a plain black dress that I usually keep for fancy occasions and I put on my heels.

I stand up and look in the mirror as I straighten the skirt of my dress with my hands. 
My hands tremble a bit as I fix the hem. I'm dreading what's to come tonight. My mind flash backs to all the memories I have with Amber, like the first day of elementary school, when amber saw me sitting alone in the playground so She came over to me to talk to me and she gave me half of her KitKat while we talked about Disney princesses. Although it was ten years ago it feels like yesterday. I feel the tears well up in my eyes just thinking about her. I miss her.

Suddenly I see a figure in the back of my mirror. I turn around abruptly and realize it's just Noah. He's changed too and is wearing a black suit with a white shirt and a black tie. I realize that he's holding up his notebook, a thing we haven't done in months.

"u ready to go?" It reads.

I look down at my high heels as more tears run down my cheeks. As much as I want to be there for Amber I don't want closure of her death. It doesn't feel real to me. Do it for Amber y/n....I think to myself.

*flashback to 3 years ago*

Amber and I are walking around Luna Park in Coney Island. It's our first time our parents let us go around in an amusement park on our own. Even if they were only a couple of minutes away, we were still kinda terrified with all the people around us. Although we would've loved for Brady to come he came down with the flu.