Chapter 15: this is me trying

Y/n's pov

It's been two weeks since my whole "blow up" with Noah and I must say, it's been absolute hell.

First of all, Gabi hasn't said anything to me since that night. Probably because she can't remember what happened or she just doesn't have the balls to apologize.

Ashton and I haven't really talked that much either. It seems like I've gained friends this summer and then lost them all again, and it's hitting me like a ton of bricks.

At least I still have pepper I guess.

Another downside of not talking to Noah is I keeps my curtains closed 24/7. My room basically looks like a vampires cave since I try to avoid Noah at all costs, even if it means living like a vampire. I don't want to see him.

The guilt of lashing out on him hasn't moved out of my system yet. It feels like, since that night my stomach is filled with a big ball of stupid guilt and I can't get rid of it.

Brady and Amber have also gone away to some summer camp with no phones. They don't even know about the whole party.

It's tearing me up inside. All of the heartbreak, fear, rage and guilt has just kept building and building over these past two weeks.

It would be nice to talk to someone, other then Pepper for once.

Noah's pov

It's been about two weeks since whatever happened with me and y/n. Summer is coming to a close which I'm kinda grateful for. These past two weeks have been absolute pain.

Everything y/n said to me that night stuck with me. Am I really a player? Do I really kick girls to the curb?

Chloe can tell something's wrong with me. She keeps asking me if I'm okay and she does small gestures like buying ice cream for me or something like that, which is her natural personality. She is one of the kindest people I know and I don't know what I'd do without her.

Everyone keeps asking me to hang out but I just really don't have the motivation to go. I'm hung up on this girl that hates me so much, she'd love to see me in pain in a heartbeat.

I feel bad for her, I really do. Her curtains haven't been opened once since that day. And trust me, I've waited for them to open.

I know this all started because of me but the words she said stung, like really, really bad.

Y/n's pov

I drag myself out of my bed after laying there, thinking about what the fuck I'm going to do when school starts.

Jesus. What am I doing? I'm walking around like a slob, when I should be outside, enjoying the summer. Not avoiding it.

I start to fill up the bathtub to have a bath. I sit on the ledge waiting for it to fill up when there's a knock on the front door.

"I'll get it!" Pepper calls from her room. I walk out of my bedroom, curious as to who's there.

"Who is it?" I ask her. "Someone special" Pepper says, wiggling her eyebrows at me. I give her a confused look before she walks downstairs.

She opens the door, revealing a boy. Of course, Pepper once again has an amazing love life meanwhile I'm standing here looking like i just came back from a safari trip with wild, ferocious lions.

"See you later y/n!" She says waving at me before closing the door behind her. I let out a sigh before heading back to the bathroom.

Before I get in, I turn on some music. I then hop in and let the water splash around me. I dunk my head under the water, Trying to escape all of my problems. As I let the water close in on top of me I close my eyes, trying to escape to another reality.

I come back up for air feeling a lot better, I could feel all my worries melting away as I sit back and relax.

An hour later I hop out and wrap my robe around me. I blow dry my hair and I put on a face mask, trying to feel a little bit better.

As I sing along to the lyrics of the sing I'm listening (a/n I'm listening to religion by Lana del Ray rn lmao) to I hear a ding from my phone. I pick it up from the counter and stare at it in confusion.

###-####-###

Hey y/n. It's Chloe, Noah's sister. I know we haven't talked much but I wanna know if you're doing okay? Noah says he hasn't seen you outside in like two weeks and I wanted to check up on you (and yes I stole your number from his phone 💀💀) anyways I was wondering if you wanted to hang out someday soon? Maybe today if you're free? Xx

I stare at my phone. Chloe? Wants to talk. To me? What is going on?? And why is Noah paying attention to me?

I quickly type a reply.

Hey Chloe i can hang out in like half an hour if that sounds good!

Chloe
Yeah that sounds great! See you later x

I set my phone down onto the counter agin before peeling off my face mask. I then put on a small bit of make up and I get changed  into a tank top and some leggings. I pull on a zip up hoodie aswell just Incase I get cold.

I pull on my converse and I walk down the stairs to the front door.

"I'm going out mom" I say quietly not trying to draw too much attention.

"Alright love, be safe" she replies.

I walk out as the bright sun stings my eyes. I put my hand across my forehead to try and block the sun out of my eyes.

Suddenly I see Chloe walking out of her house.

"Oh- Hey y/n!" She says, smiling while waving at me.

"Hey" I slightly smile back.

This feels weird I think to myself

————————————————————
Hey guys this is just a filler chapter for now but DID ANYONE SEE THE STRANGER THIGS TEASER AND I THINK THEYRE RELEASING A TRAILER TOMORROW AHHHHHHH I CANT WAIT!!!!!

If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about it on the st YouTube channel but OMGGGG.

I'll update soon okay byeeee