Chapter 18

It was the day of the Slytherin vs Hufflepuff match, Regulus's third game on the team. He was shovelling scrambled eggs and sausage down his throat as Hermione rambled on about broom safety. She was always so worried about him flying.

"and don't forget to polish the handle, so your grip is firmer..."

"Potter he'll be fine. Quit worrying my Seeker, or he'll be too nervous to play and we'll lose" Higgs scolded from down the table and Hermione's cheeks were a slight bit pinker.

"C'mon, Nita we're meeting Rosier and A down at the pitch, we'll be late" Regulus said, and left the hall without waiting for her.

Once she caught up, he peered down at her with a raised brow "Another jumper of mine? What are you, a clothes niffler?" he chuckled.

"It's not my fault you're making me sit in the November cold for who knows how long and they smell like Grimmauld Place"

"Don't worry Ninita, les vêtements dans lesquels tu te noies te font paraître mignon (the clothes you drown in make you look cute)" Regulus winked, walking into the boys changing rooms.

"ne sois pas un tel flirt, Black! (don't be such a flirt, Black!)" Hermione called through the door, hearing his warm chuckle on the other side.

She spun on her heel and walked back round to the stands, but not before she bumped into Sirius, Remus and James.

She performed her handshake with Sirius with ease, before turning to Remus.

He looked at her outstretched hand in shock, but having seen the movements enough times, he shook hands with her.

"sait-il? (does he know?)" Hermione asked Sirius.

"pas encore, mais Peter le fait (not yet, but Peter does)" he replied and Hermione scoffed.

"Would you stop talking in French when me and Remus don't understand you" James snapped, crossing his arms.

"Fine. Would you like to sit with us Remus, Sirius? To cheer Reg on" Hermione asked, over pronouncing ever word with a thick posh accent.

Sirius exchanged glances with Remus "yeah sure, you'll be fine won't you James?"

"I'll just go with Pete, maybe he'll tell me where you two keep sneaking off to" he stormed off, leaving Remus feeling slightly guilty.

"Such a child" Hermione rolled her eyes as they started to walk again. "Avery has a new... boyfriend? Fling? I don't know, so Rosier's sitting with us."

"Er, Rosier? As in Leopold Rosier?" Remus asked, scratching the back of his neck.

Leopold was in the same year as Bellatrix, and he was almost as awful as her. Hermione thought he drew influence from her, that's how they became involved. He hexed the younger years, the Muggleborns and anyone who just seemed to annoy him with their existence.

Hermione started cackling, doubling over "Avery would never even think about Leo!"

"Nickname terms Nita?" Sirius raised a brow, but calmed down when she replied "I am with every Slytherin, I'm like the older years younger sister and the younger years older one. All the snakes love me"

They climbed the Slytherin steps, and while the Marauders were glared at intensely, Hermione was given high fives and exchanged "how are you"s.

Seeing as Hermione was infront, when a Slytherin they didn't know grabbed Remus and Sirius's cloaks and snarled "hurt her and we'll show you how evil Slytherins can be" she didn't hear.