Chapter 24

After the Muggle shop, Persephone left to go back to Hogwarts rather abruptly, leaving Regulus and Hermione alone. The pair walked to Gladrags Wizardwear, Regulus dragging his feet. "Why can't you find Avery? He likes this sort of thing, Salazar he even enjoys it"

"Because I'm not interrupting their date because you are being a baby. You can find your own robes while you wait for me"

"Mother can do it for me" Regulus waved a hand in dismissal as they entered the shop.

"Reggie please." Hermione glared at him.

After an intense staring contest, Regulus caved and stalked off "Fine, I'll wait outside the changing rooms on those fluffy chairs"

Hermione rolled her eyes at his back and went over to the woman's section, the children's not being mature enough. She browsed until her arms were full of dresses, even the ones she thought were remotely cute.

To say the least, Regulus was brutal when it came to Hermione's dresses.

A blush and ivory laced gown:

"Washes you out, and doesn't do you any favours"

Royal blue off the shoulder, sweetheart neckline dress with diamanté waistband:

"Druella would take the piss, and the diamond thing looks cheap"

Black off the shoulder long feathered sleeved evening gown with cowl back:

"You look like one of Malfoy's peacocks going to a funeral"

"Regulus" Hermione snapped, smoothing the dress down, irritated. "I know you don't want to be here but just try"

He skimmed through the pile next to him and handed her one. "Sorry Ninita" he mumbled, "Try that one. Red really is your colour"

Hermione huffed and disappeared into the changing rooms. When she came out in the mermaid, off the shoulder, silk-like satin dress with a sweep train, Regulus was speechless.

" I was right, Nita , red is your colour. Though, when am I ever wrong" Regulus finally said.

Hermione walked forward to look in the mirror, making her audience notice the split in the front.

"It'll really annoy Mother and her band of crones, though you would anyway unless you was wearing something fit for a nun" Regulus grinned just thinking of Walburga Black's mortified face at the figure hugging gown. "Though Cissa and Bella will be there, so they'll probably be wearing something similar"

Hermione winced slightly at the absence of Andromeda's name. She'd been 'missing' for two months, and the Blacks were stressed trying to find her. All except Narcissa, Regulus and Sirius, who knew of her whereabouts. It was getting harder and harder to keep the secret from Bellatrix, who seemed to be the most worried out of the lot.

"Well I'll just take this then. It's your turn, Regulus" Hermione changed the subject swiftly.

He groaned in frustration.

Hermione sat in her library with Remus, watching the boys play quidditch out of the window now and again. While she didn't trust him fully, and he was no match to library days with Regulus, Remus wasn't awful company.

"I appreciate what you're doing for Pads, Hermione" Remus said, before wincing at the use of the nickname.

Truly, Hermione didn't even know why it annoyed her. Or, she did, but she just didn't understand why she was making it such a big deal.