(38) Falling for You

Enjoy this Friday one shot!! (I still don't know if this'll be a fracturing thing or not.
Also, thank you so much for 15k reads! You guys are amazing and I'm so thankful!! <3<3

Requests are open as always!

You swung your feet back and forth over the banister of the museum. You liked sitting on the banister overlooking the museum lobby, looking down at the first floor, even though your boyfriend, Ahkmenrah, absolutely despised it. He was extremely protective over you, and always worried about your safety. "(Yn), darling, please get down from there." He pleads, worriedly looking up at you from below.

"Ahk I'm fine." You giggle. "I do this all the time!"

"That's what I'm worried about! You're becoming careless!"

"Pfft. You worry too much. Besides, even if I were to fall, which I won't, you'll be there to catch me."

"Please remind me why you like sitting up there anyway?" Ahkmenrah scoffs.

"Because it makes me feel like I'm floating above the lobby. Sometimes I like pretending that I climbed up a tree." You shrug.

"No offense, but that's not a strong excuse."

You roll your eyes. "Well, trees to climb are pretty limited in New York. Plus, dad already banned me from climbing on the fire escapes." You cross your arms over your chest.

"Please just come down?"
You look into Ahk's scared brown eyes. Even if you thought that he was overreacting, you still felt guilty for making him worry.

"Alright, alright." You say, causing Ahkmenrah to let out a sigh of relief.

You lift your legs up to swing over the railing, but as you do so, you loose your balance on the upper half of your body. Your stomach churns with worry as you wildly flail your arms around, trying to catch your balance. You suddenly fall backwards over the side of the banister, and plummet towards the hard ground. You let out a loud shriek, thinking that you would for sure die.

Why didn't I just listen to Ahk?! Why am I so stubborn? I'm such an idiot!!

You land into a pair of strong arms. You look up and see Ahk staring down at you, worry plastered all over his beautiful face. "Are you alright, Darling?"

"I'm alright now." You say, still in a state of shock. "Thankyou..."

"You know, when I hoped you would fall for me, this isn't exactly what I had in mind." Ahkmenrah says with a chuckle.

You giggle, but then feel a pang of guilt. "Ahk, I should've listened to you...I'm so sorry."

"It's alright. I know I can also be overprotective at times. I'm sorry too."

"I love you, Ahk."

"I love you too, Darling."

You smile at your boyfriend, and he smiles back. You cup his cheek with your hand and gently kiss his lips. He returns the gesture. You both stayed like that for a bit, just taking in each other's company and love for one another. You really had fallen for the pharaoh.