(17) Heels

First Person POV

I sigh and run my finger along the rim of the champagne glass filled with sparkling strawberry water. I don't know why I actually agreed to come to this dinner party.

When my aunt Johanna invited me to attend the Museum of Natural History's planetarium reopening I only agreed because there was going to be food involved.

Unfortunately, it's been half an hour and the only thing that has been brought out was a basket of rolls.

I Excuse myself to the restroom, hoping that it'll make the time go faster. (also because I liked the sound my heals made against the tile floor.)

I walk into the bathroom, and admire my dress.

Aunt Johanna insisted on me picking out a nice dress, so I went with a deep blue dress, gold heals, and gold jewelry

Aunt Johanna insisted on me picking out a nice dress, so I went with a deep blue dress, gold heals, and gold jewelry. She even helped me put my hair up in a bun with a blue flower in it.

I'm quickly snapped from my thoughts when I hear screaming coming from the planetarium. I run out as fast as I can, trying to not trip over my heels. I actually do end up tripping, but not from the heels. I fall with a thud on the floor and look back at my feet to see multiple mini cowboys and Roman...soldiers...? Holding a rope up in order to trip those who were unfortunate enough to pass by. They reminded me of the little miniatures in another section of the Museum.

I quickly stand up and gasp at the chaos in front of me. Wild animals were running rampage around the room, a hun was hacking into the dolphin ice sculpture, caveman dudes were playing with Fire, and...was that Teddy Roosevelt going nuts?!

Im so confused...

Without thinking, I run out of the planetarium and into the main museum. I run up the stairs, frantically looking for a safe place to hide.

I suddenly trip over my heels and collapse on the floor for the second time that night. I quickly pick myself up, to afraid of what might take me if I remain on the floor and continue running.

I wander into some tomb type room, and see a golden tablet handing on the wall. Slowly, I approach it, to notice the corner of it has some green corrosion type thing on it. Out of nowhere, the corrosion suddenly begins to grow, turning more of the tablet green.

I turn around to hear someone gasp. I see a young man leaning against a pillar for support, clutching his side. Our eyes meet, and I can tell how much pain he must be in. I slowly approach him and gently place my hand overtop his. I notice the slightest bit of relief wash over his face.

After a couple more moments, the pain seems to have left the young man, as he takes a deep breath and stands up on his own.

"Are you alright?" I softly ask.

"I think so..." he looks at his hand and then at me. "What's your name?"

"(Yn). And you?"

"I am Ahkmenrah."