Chapter 2: Introductions and Insults

Rumi glanced down at the green-haired man's extended hand and scoffed. "Sorry, I only shake hands with two kinds of people. People I have saved, and people I respect. You are neither of those."

Immediately Rumi could hear Miss Sasaki sigh loudly in annoyance. However she was not the one being forced to work with a total stranger.

The liaison's smile faded as he retracted his hand and slightly narrowed his eyes. "Look Miruko, I know you have a reputation for being difficult, but I am just doing my job. Can't we at least talk things over a little first before you go and decide to keep disrespecting me?"

Now it was Rumi's turn to narrow her eyes. She was about to snap back with a venomous reply but was interrupted as her agent stood up and quickly got between the two adults.

"I think that is a reasonable request." Miss Sasaki said pointedly as she glared at Rumi, clearly informing her that any more resistance would not be tolerated.

Huffing in annoyance like a rebellious teenager being scolded by a parent, Rumi turned on her heel and immediately walked out of the office. Not checking to see if her agent or liaison were following, Rumi walked down the hallway and over to the bank of elevators. Pressing the elevator call button, Rumi rolled her eyes as she heard her agent politely talking with the (admittedly cute) government stooge.

"So how exactly do you plan on integrating your work with my client's activities?" Miss Sasaki said bluntly to Izuku as the two came to a stop next to Rumi.

"Good question." Izuku said politely. "I think what I will do is try to implement a system where I can inspect her work without actually having to be next to her. I am not foolish enough to try and force a pro-hero to bend over backwards just to make my job easier."

The elevator doors chimed softly and opened, allowing the three inside. Rumi then pushed the bottom floor button and gritted her teeth as the doors closed and the elevator began it's slow descent.

"I know that this was forced on your client unexpectedly, so I am going to try and keep my interference to a minimum." Izuku said diplomatically, obviously knowing that Rumi was listening.

"Oh would you stop with that goody-two-shoes act already!" Rumi said loudly as she turned around and glared at the stone-faced liaison. "Cut the bullshit and just admit you are here to fuck with my work. You suits have always pissed me off, and that is not going to change any time soon!"

Rumi was surprised to see the liaison roll his eyes and lean back against the gray metal wall of the elevator.

"You do realize that not everyone is out to get you right?" Izuku said in a bored tone. "I am just doing my job. If you would just get your head out of your ass and listen for a second you would understand I am not your enemy."

Rumi felt her blood pressure go up a few notches as she quickly closed the distance of the cramped elevator and got nose-to-nose with the disrespectful little shit.

"What the fuck did you just say to me?" Rumi growled. "I could punt your ass into the stratosphere if I wanted to, so choose your next words carefully."

Rumi's new "partner" squared his shoulders and stared back challengingly as he spoke. "You heard what I said. People like you have been talking down to me all my life and you all sound the same. All bark and no bite. Go ahead and hit me if you want, all it will do is earn you a suspended hero license."

Rumi would have been shocked by the sheer balls on this government peon if she was not so furious. However, before she could think up a witty reply the elevator doors rattled open to reveal a crowd of office workers looking on curiously.