Chapter 57: The Final Showdown

"War. War never changes. But men do, through the roads they walk." - The narrator, Fallout: New Vegas

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the squadron of army helicopters flew towards the Ministry of Defense headquarters, Major General Miura broadcasted a final mission brief to everyone participating.

"Alright people listen up!" The stocky general barked into the radio. "This is the last time I will go over the plan, so shut yer traps! We are going in hard and fast, so stick together and cover each other's backs! Squads Charlie through Kilo, stick with your assigned heroes and cover their flanks. Pro-heroes, your priority is to engage and eliminate any enemy that is using a quirk. Soldiers, provide cover fire for your heroes and take out any long-range threat that is targeting them. We will attack in two assault forces. The first force will focus on taking out any anti-air threats and causing as much havoc as possible to establish a foothold. The second force will focus on assaulting the main building itself and gaining entry. Squads Alpha and Bravo will search the main building and attempt to arrest Fujikawa. Hawks and Endeavor will help our forces establish air superiority so as to deny the enemy any chance of getting reinforcements. Alright! Let's do this!"

There was a roar of anticipation from all the squads, making the general grin as he stopped broadcasting.

"Midoriya, here you go." The general said loudly before tossing a camouflage field jacket to Izuku. "Can't have you running around in just some pants and bandages. Gotta at least look a little bit presentable for the cameras."

Taking the field jacket, Izuku chuckled as he put it on. "Copy that sir. Do you have the equipment I requested?"

Nodding, Major General Miura grabbed a duffel bag that had been sitting in the corner of the helicopter and handed it to Izuku. "Everything you asked for. Can't have my best soldier going in without any weapons can I?"

Quickly putting on the field jacket, Izuku rummaged around in the duffle bag and pulled out a menacing-looking assault rifle with what looked like a small shotgun attached under the barrel. Next was a bandolier of assault rifle magazines, a combat knife, a bandolier of grenades, bulletproof vest, and a large revolver that looked like it could take down an elephant.

Seeing the concerned looks everyone was giving him, Izuku huffed in annoyance. "What?"

Hawks rolled his eyes. "Is all of that really necessary?"

Izuku gave Hawks an apathetic look "Considering I don't have a quirk, yes I think it is necessary."

"Yeah sure, whatever Midoriya." Hawks said in an unamused voice. "Just try to remember what side you are on and try not to shoot any of us in the back."

Izuku felt a vein pulse in his neck as he loudly loaded his assault rifle. "Do you really want to do this now Hawks? If you have a problem with me feel free to leave. We have more than enough people willing to take your place. If anything I should be the one worried about being literally stabbed in the back, since that is your recorded way of handling things."

"ALRIGHT ENOUGH!" Rumi shouted loudly in exasperation. "BOTH OF YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP AND FOCUS ON WHAT WE ARE DOING RIGHT NOW! YOU CAN BE PETTY WITH EACH OTHER LATER, NOW IS NOT THE TIME!"

Izuku immediately went silent and turned away from Hawks. Good thing Rumi was here to keep him in check, god knows what would have happened if he and Hawks had let things escalate.

There was a soft chuckle as Best Jeanist nodded respectfully to Miruko. "Thank you Miruko. You seem to have changed quite a bit since when you lost your arm. Good for you."