Chapter 33: Happiness

"A friend may be waiting behind a stranger's face." ― Maya Angelou

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Putting on her casual clothes, Rumi blatantly watched as Izuku dried himself with a towel. The two had just emerged from the shower and Rumi was seriously considering licking all the water droplets off her boyfriend's skin. As Izuku called someone on his cellphone, Rumi could not help but grin as she remembered all the cute sounds she had gotten out of her boyfriend in the shower.

"-umi? Earth to Rumi..." Izuku said loudly.

Snapping out of her fantasy, Rumi blushed slightly as she tried to pretend she was doing anything other than ogling her lover.

"Huh?" She said as she tried to appear calm and composed. "I totally wasn't fantasizing about you...er..I mean umm...what are we doing again?"

Rolling his eyes but chuckling softly, Izuku put on a pair of jeans as he replied.

"We are going to visit Cassandra. I asked her for help so we can go out in public without anyone recognizing you. She has experience with those kinds of problems and we can trust her."

Nodding in understanding, Rumi put on a black hoodie, ripped jeans, and grabbed a pair of her custom-made sneakers. "Well I hope she has a way to hide the fact that one of my arms is made out of metal."

Putting on a t-shirt and light jacket, Izuku shrugged. "Either way, it is good to socialize with people. No offense, but you need some more friends besides Hawks."

Huffing indignantly, Rumi followed Izuku out of the bedroom. "Hey I have friends! Uhh...Endeavor counts as one right? I mean he helped me out when I lost my arm."

Smirking as they left the apartment and entered the elevator, Izuku spoke in a teasing tone. "Really? The best you can come up with is Endeavor? I read his file and he is definitely not the type of person you would associate yourself with."

"Oh whatever Izuku." Rumi said as she gently punched Izuku's arm in retaliation. "I can get friends if I want to."

Exiting the elevator together and walking to Izuku's car, the two lovers continued to bicker and tease each other good-naturedly. A short car ride later the unlikely pair found themselves in Cassandra's hotel.

As they rode the elevator up to the floor Cassandra was on, Izuku suddenly spoke up.

"Alright, I have a challenge for you." He said to Rumi with a smirk on his face. "There is going to be a woman with Cassandra. If you can become friends with her I will treat you to a slice of carrot cake from Lorenzo's restaurant."

Narrowing her eyes suspiciously, Rumi weighed her options. On one hand, a slice of carrot cake from that super fancy restaurant was sure to be delicious. On the other hand, she knew that Izuku most likely gave her the challenge because he thought she could not do it. Eventually, Rumi's stomach won out and she extended her hand for Izuku to shake.

"Bet." Rumi said with a cocky grin. "Get ready to lose Izuku, because I can be super friendly if I want to."

Immediately shaking Rumi's hand, Izuku smiled devilishly.

"We shall see." He said cryptically.

A few seconds later, the elevator doors opened with a soft ding and the two lovers began walking to Cassandra's room. Unlike the last time they were here, there were no guards posted at the door. Frowning slightly, Rumi quickly tried to figure out why Cassandra would not have more guards if her psychopath of a brother was still roaming free. Stepping up to the door, Izuku knocked politely and a few seconds later the door opened to reveal a casually dressed Cassandra.