Chapter 40: Plain and Simple

It was the day after the training operation, and Rumi was in the process of listening to a police scanner as Izuku picked Uraraka up from UA. Dressed in her usual hero outfit, Rumi frowned as she heard a call for help get broadcasted by one of the large banks in the city. Apparently four individuals had stormed the bank and incapacitated the guards while one of the bank employee's activated the alarm. Unlike most criminals Rumi had encountered in the past, the four bank robbers seemed to be unconcerned by the alarm and had proceeded to ransack the bank while civilians fled the building.

"Either these guys are stupidly overconfident, or they have done this kind of thing before." Rumi thought to herself. "Most likely these are escaped convicts, which means they intend to fight their way out based on their actions."

Activating her earpiece, Rumi launched herself from her penthouse deck and began to make her way to the bank.

"Izuku, you pick Uravity up yet?" Rumi asked as she bounded from rooftop to rooftop.

"I just did." Izuku responded through Rumi's earpiece. "I saw the alert for the bank robbery, is that where we are going?"

"Yup." Rumi said cockily. "I will meet you there."

A few minutes later, Rumi landed on the main street in front of the bank. The entire street had been blocked off by the police, and two helicopters circled the massive bank building. One of the helicopters belonging to a mainstream news network, and the other belonging to the police.

Looking around, Rumi spotted a grizzled cop barking orders into his two-way radio and quickly made her way over. Lightly poking the police officer's arm, Rumi nodded towards the bank as she spoke.

"What is the situation?" She asked bluntly.

If the officer was surprised by Rumi's sudden appearance, he did not show it. Putting his radio down, the older officer sighed wearily.

"We are running the ID's of the suspects, but the way they are going about things I would bet my house they have done this before." The cop huffed. "Thankfully they don't seem to be concerned about taking any hostages. Looks like they were aiming to do a simple smash-and-grab, but it seems they are having trouble opening the vault."

Nodding in understanding, Rumi saw Izuku's sedan pull up and raised her arm to get her partner's attention.

"Can you tell me anything about the perps?" Rumi asked as she examined the bank's destroyed front entrance. "They using quirks or guns?"

"Quirks." The officer immediately responded. "All four seem to have animal type quirks. The leader looks kinda like a human with lion features, and the other three look like a rhino, tiger, and crocodile. The way they busted through the front of the bank, all of them seem to have enhanced strength and durability. Besides claws and teeth they were unarmed. If you are gonna apprehend them it will probably turn into a slugging match."

Grinning at the prospect of a good old fashioned brawl, Rumi looked over at Izuku who had jogged over with Uraraka in tow.

"You get that Midoriya?" She asked. "I can easily take them all at once, but when I get in there they are probably gonna split up."

Nodding in agreement, Izuku pointed towards the far side of the bank. "Hawks and his intern are on their way. They can cover the south side of the bank while you can go for the leader. Let's have the police put all their heavy hitters on the west side, while Uravity and I will take the east. You go straight through the front, and if any of them try to run we can cut them off."

Thankful for Izuku's tactical assistance, Rumi turned back to face the veteran officer.

"You get all that?" She asked bluntly.