Chapter 20: No Mercy

Rumi could not help but grin as the five students from class 1-B lay on the ground in various states of defeat. They had put up a good fight considering all their training, but they were no match for someone like Rumi who had years of experience. Rumi's enhanced hearing picked up the sound of a door opening nearby and she waited for the other class, teachers, and Izuku to return.

"An excellent display of your abilities." Principal Nezu said as he watched Vlad King tend to his students. "I am sure the students will remember this lesson quite vividly. After all, it is not every day they get to practice with someone of your caliber."

Shrugging but still smiling, Rumi chuckled as she watched the defeated students get helped to their feet by their teacher.

"They put up a good fight." She said honestly. "But like you said, there is a big difference between practice and the real thing. Overall they do well enough, but their teamwork starts to fall apart the second things do not go according to plan. Improvisation is key in crucial moments. Sorta why I work...well used to work, alone. You don't have to worry about other people mucking things up when you fight solo."

Now things were about to get interesting. Rumi was very sure that Izuku was going to deliver the mother of all beatdowns Eraserhead's students, the big question was just how exactly he was going to do it.

Principal Nezu was clearly still anxious about letting Izuku spar with his superpowered students, but he still gestured for Izuku to step forward as Eraserhead had his kids line up on the fake street.

"Your turn, Agent Midoriya." The well-dressed principal said cautiously. "While I am still a little hesitant to let you do this, part of me is curious as to how exactly you will manage the lesson."

Nodding respectfully, Izuku stepped forward and gestured to the students.

"Well the first thing I want to establish is that I will be sparring with them one at a time." Izuku said loudly enough for everyone to hear. "I am not arrogant enough to believe I could take all five of them on at once."

Rumi felt slightly more relieved, it seemed Izuku was smart enough to know his limits.

Izuku was silent for a moment before falling into a relaxed military stance and addressing the students in front of him.

"I will be honest, one of the most idiotic things I see a lot of pro-heroes do is try to fight fair." He said bluntly.

Ouch, well that was definitely an interesting way to start the lesson. Rumi glanced over to the small group of teachers and tried to see if that controversial statement got a reaction as Izuku continued.

"Some of you may believe that fighting fair is honorable, or at the very least a bit of common decency between opponents." Izuku said as he paced in front of the students. "If you disagree with me, raise your hand and give me a reason why you should try to fight fairly.

Immediately the two boys of the group raised their hands. Rumi was not that surprised, but she was still interested in seeing how Izuku's lesson would play out.

Staring at the two boys with an intense gaze, Izuku pointed to the one with the spiky red hair.

"Kirishima, right?" He said. "Why do you think heroes should always try to fight fair?"

The boy named Kirishima straightened up and replied in a loud voice. "Because fighting fair is the manly thing to do! It gives both opponents the opportunity to prove who is better."

Nodding his head in understanding, Izuku pointed to the tall boy with glasses.

"If I remember correctly it is Iida." Izuku said clearly. "What is your reasoning?"