Chapter 12: Inner Demons

Rumi was woken from her slumber by the loud chiming of her penthouse doorbell. With her long silver hair sticking out in random places and her rabbit ears flopping limply against her head she cracked an eye open and growled in annoyance.

Who had decided to make her doorbell so fucking loud?! To add on to that, what time was it?!

Tilting her head slightly so she could glance at her bedroom windows, Rumi was shocked to see that it was still dark outside, with the barest hint of a rising sun in the distance.

With the doorbell still chiming incessantly, Rumi fumbled her way out of bed and briefly considered punting whoever was at her door down the elevator shaft.

Dressed in an oversized t-shirt and baggy sweatpants, Rumi rubbed the sleep from her eyes as she trudged to the front door. Still half asleep, she wondered who had the audacity to wake her up at such an ungodly hour. Contrary to popular belief, she enjoyed sleeping in and treasured the mornings that were spent in bed under a pile of warm blankets.

Reaching the front door, Rumi flung it open and spoke without looking to see who it was.

"Listen jackass you better stop ringing my doorbell or I am going to fucking dropkick you!" She growled while suppressing a yawn.

Hearing a chuckle that made her stomach flutter, Rumi instantly woke up as she realized just who exactly she had threatened.

"I would like to see you try." Midoriya said mockingly. "I thought rabbits were supposed to be early morning animals?"

Frantically backpedaling, Rumi held her hands up apologetically as she blurted out a reply. "Shit! I'm sorry Midoriya, I didn't mean it! Well, I kinda did, but i didn't know it was you out there!"

Now fully awake thanks to that spike of surprise adrenaline, Rumi could not help but enjoy the sight in front of her. Midoriya was dressed in a gray polo shirt that subtly showed off his perfectly toned arms, and his blue jeans and black loafers completed his business casual look.

Honestly, with his athletic figure, height, playfully curly hair, and expressive face, Midoriya would not look out of place on the front cover of a men's fashion magazine.

Realizing she was staring, Rumi forced herself to turn around and motion for her liaison to come in.

"W-well come on in I guess." She said with fake bravado. "Gimme a sec to change."

Racing back to her bedroom, Rumi resisted the urge to scream in embarrassed frustration as she sifted through piles of clothes in search of a workout outfit. It was so goddamn unfair how hot Midoriya was! Talk about winning the genetic lottery! She wouldn't be surprised if Midoriya was a total lady-killer in highschool.

Finally finding a reasonably clean white t-shirt with a symmetrical blue design on the front, Rumi threw it on and hopped into a pair of black leggings. Patting her hair down into a reasonably manageable state, she took a steadying breath before exiting her bedroom and walking back to Midoriya.

However, she was surprised to see that the handsome man had found her workout room and was sifting through a black military-style duffle bag.

"Hey!" Rumi blurted out angrily. "You can't just go poking around someone's place without asking!" She said indignantly.

Midoriya did not even bother to look back towards Rumi, instead simply waving off her complaint like she was an annoying child.

"Oh calm down." He said patronizingly. "I knew you must have some kind of training room so I let myself in to start getting set up."