Chapter 31: When Life Gives You (Lemon)s

-THIS CHAPTER INCLUDES A LEMON-

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world." —Unknown

------------------------------------------------

Rumi had been peacefully sleeping, enjoying the quiet darkness until something in the back of her mind had urged her to wake up. To be honest, she really didn't feel like waking up. Not when her hot boyfriend was sleeping next to her. With her eyes still closed, Rumi slowly reached out with her organic hand towards where Izuku would be.

However, all she found was empty air.

Frowning, Rumi forced herself to wake up to find out where her handsome boyfriend had gone. As she opened her eyes, Rumi was confused to see that she was in a hospital room. Looking down at herself, Rumi started to get concerned when all she saw were machines along with a tangle of tubes and wires.

What the hell had happened to her?!

Finally, Rumi's eyes landed on a lone figure sitting in a chair near the door. Izuku was dressed in his usual work suit. Sitting straight up with his eyes closed and his head was lowered with his chin pressing against his chest. Rumi could hear the occasional soft snore that confirmed the fact her boyfriend was sleeping.

Feeling herself calm down at the sight of her companion, Rumi pushed the foggy memories to the back of her mind and smiled lovingly as she called out to Izuku.

"Well that is a first, sleeping on the job I see."

His head snapping up in an instant and his eyes going wide with surprise, Izuku rushed over to Rumi's side and looked at her worriedly as he spoke with relief.

"Oh thank god!" He said like a preacher witnessing a miracle. "Are you okay? Do you hurt anywhere? Need something to drink? Maybe-"

He was cut off as Rumi reached out and gently stroked his cheek.

"Izuku slow down." The tanned woman said gently. "I am okay. A little sore, but okay. Calm down."

Closing his eyes, Izuku took several deep breaths before responding. "Rumi you don't understand. Everyone was convinced that you were going to die from that guy's poison. It is a miracle that one of the doctors stumbled upon the right combination of stuff to save your life."

Frowning slightly in confusion, Rumi gestured to herself. "Wait, you are saying I was poisoned? That is why I am here again? By what? Last thing I remember is stopping that last big truck."

"Remember that guy that bit your arm?" Izuku explained. "He had some kind of poison snake quirk. If you were a normal person you would have died within minutes. Luckily you are stronger than normal people so it took a little longer."

Shrugging uncaringly, Rumi gave Izuku a bright smile. "What matters is that you are here with me. That is all I care about."

For a second, Rumi could have sworn she saw a haunted look on her boyfriend's face as he clutched her hand tightly.

"Rumi, this could have ended really badly." Izuku said with obvious concern. "You got lucky this time. If something like this happens again there might not be any second chances. Please...don't make me live without you."

Rumi's rabbit ears drooped slightly at the desperate tone in Izuku's voice. However, before she could respond there was a polite knock on the door to her room.

Izuku's hand moved to the pistol on his hip so fast Rumi was surprised she saw it at all. As her green-haired lover carefully approached the door Rumi frowned worriedly.