Chapter 47: Awakening

"It is a sign of strength, to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one's head and succumb."

-Gabriel Angelos, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II

-------------------------------------------------------

Izuku looked out the window of the transport helicopter as morning light began to shine over the horizon, the rhythmic thumping of the helicopter blades making him remember the many previous missions he had been on. It always started out the same. The ride to the area of operations was always the worst part, the anticipation of the upcoming mission making it all but impossible to relax as you rode to your destination. This flight was no different.

Sitting on the benches in the cargo hold, the members of Bravo team kept themselves occupied by double checking their equipment and weapons. Everyone except Rumi and Uraraka were dressed in woodland camouflage tactical clothes, while their body armor and gear was either matte black or camouflaged as well. Izuku was dressed in a standard soldier outfit. His green hair was covered by a camouflage military boonie hat, and he wore a camouflage pattern tactical vest over his uniform and body armor. He also wore his trusty combat boots that had been with him over many deployments, as well as black shooting gloves that provided extra gripping strength to manage the recoil from weapons.

This time, the team designations were a little different compared to the warehouse raid. This time Izuku was Bravo Six, accompanied by Bravo Five and Bravo Seven. Bravo Five, Izuku, and Bravo Seven were armed with military-grade assault rifles of their own choosing. Izuku had chosen a modern variant of the classic Russian AK, while Bravo Five and Bravo Seven both had modular assault rifles with American origins. Bravo One and Bravo Two wore ghillie suits that made them look like walking bushes, as they were picked to be the scout sniper team that would watch from afar and provide fire support as needed. Bravo Three and Bravo Four both had experience with heavy weapons, so they were chosen as the team's most heavily armed members. Armed with a light machine gun as well as revolving grenade launcher, Bravo Three and Bravo Four were the ones in charge of taking out any particularly stubborn enemies.

In comparison Rumi and Uraraka stuck out like sore thumbs, their colorful costumes totally at odds with the tactical military look Bravo team had going on. However, there was a reason for the clashing fashion statements. Rumi and Uraraka were purposefully going to attract as much attention as they could so that any observers would not notice Bravo Team infiltrating the area.

As the helicopter flew low over the forest treetops, Izuku looked over at Rumi who was yawning sleepily.

"Did you get enough sleep?" The green-haired agent asked teasingly.

Giving Izuku an annoyed look, Rumi shrugged. "Meh, I was too excited to sleep. Missions like this always get my blood pumping."

Sitting on a nearby bench, Uraraka stifled a yawn as well. "Agent Midoriya, you are used to getting up early. Us normal people normally don't get up until the sun has already risen."

Izuku chuckled at Uraraka's choice of words. "Yeah well normal people don't go to a school to be pro-heroes either. Welcome to the club."

The brown-haired girl smiled shyly and giggled. "Yeah I guess I kinda forgot about that."

Everyone had wireless radio earpieces that allowed seamless communication, and Izuku's suddenly came to life with a crackle of static.

"Approaching drop point in five." The pilot said informatively.

Giving an affirmative, Izuku walked over to the cargo ramp and pulled the lever to engage the lowering mechanism.

"Alright girls, your stop is coming up soon." Izuku said loudly over the sudden influx of rushing air. "Remember the plan and stay in contact with command. You two are the spearhead and will most likely be the first to engage the guards. Good luck."