Chapter 46: Preparations

Izuku frowned slightly as he listened to his boss who was in the process of explaining the latest mission. Standing in the supervisor's familiar office, Izuku wondered just what the mission would be.

"Apparently we have some actionable intel for once." The portly older man said with a hint of humor. "It seems the PLF has been busy trying to improve the drug named Trigger, and apparently they have made a breakthrough. We need to stop them before they begin to mass produce the improved drug. The higher-ups seem to be impressed with your recent results, and you have been selected to lead the mission. It also helps that you have one of the strongest pro-heroes in the country on your side."

Izuku's supervisor placed a large topographical map on his desk and pointed to a specific spot. "The mission area is out in the sticks. The hidden lab is supposedly in the general vicinity of this spot, but satellite imaging has not been able to spot anything. Most likely, the lab is hidden underground or in a cave somewhere. Command wants this lab badly, so they don't want to risk tipping off the PLF with a large strike force. Hence, why they are deciding to send a small team of specialists. Any questions?"

Izuku pursed his lips as he examined the map. "What about backup? If things go pear shaped I want to be sure we have some heavy hitters on standby."

Izuku's boss was silent for a few moments before speaking. "I asked the same thing, but apparently logistics does not want to take any chances when it comes to tipping off the PLF. They said you have full access to any reinforcement requests, but there won't be any backup on standby. Best case scenario, it takes twenty minutes for a backup team to get ready and make it over to you."

Izuku grumbled unhappily. "Fucking pencil-pushers. That means if something goes wrong we are on our own."

Izuku's supervisor shrugged awkwardly. "Lets just hope it does not come to that. I have sent all the briefing materials to your office, do you have any idea who you want on your team?"

Putting his worries on hold for a moment, Izuku nodded. "I will take my team from the warehouse raid. Except for Agent Tanaka since she is on bodyguard duty. I know their specialties and our teamwork is solid, I am confident that they can handle themselves."

Smiling proudly, Izuku's boss nodded understandingly. "Good choice Midoriya, I will notify them that they have been selected for a field operation. Take tomorrow to prep, the mission will begin at 0400 local time the next day."

Nodding his affirmative, Izuku pulled out his cellphone. "Sounds like a plan sir. Looks like Bravo team is going to meet Miruko tomorrow."

Rumi huffed in slight annoyance as Izuku drove her and Uraraka to the meeting spot.

"Do I really have to personally introduce myself to these guys?" The rabbit hero asked haughtily. "No offense Midoriya, but I am gonna be really annoyed if I have to babysit your co-workers for the entire mission."

Rumi flinched slightly as Izuku gave a brief but stern look.

"Yes you do." Izuku said flatly. "These guys are the same ones that helped me rescue you back in the warehouse, so stop acting like they don't know what they are doing. If you are going to be a pain in my ass you can just stay home while we do the mission ourselves."

Rumi felt her ears droop slightly at the prospect of letting her boyfriend go off on a possibly dangerous mission without her. Plus, she wanted to show off for him, and it will be hard to do that if Izuku focuses on his team the entire time.

"Sorry." Rumi mumbled apologetically. "I just...find it easier to work when it is just the three of us."

Rumi was glad to see a small grin on Izuku's face as he glanced at her. "I know, but you need to get used to working as part of a team. It will be good for you."