Chapter 50: Changes

Two weeks had passed since Izuku had woken up. The green-haired agent had made a tremendous recovery, much to the confusion and disbelief of the hospital's many doctors.

As a shirtless Izuku sat on an examination table, a trio of doctors stood nearby pouring over his charts and medical records while talking to each other.

"Are you sure this guy doesn't have a healing quirk?" A doctor with orange hair asked incredulously as he scrolled through a tablet filled with medical information.

"He is quirkless, I checked three times already." A senior female physician replied with clear exasperation. "It should have taken months for him to recover from the injuries and infection, but for the life of me I cannot find anything wrong with him."

"What about the traces of that unknown compound we found in his bloodstream?" The third doctor said curiously. "The closest thing I could compare it to is Trigger, but that doesn't make any sense. Even if he had been dosed with Trigger, the most it would have done to him is give him a heart attack."

Izuku was just as clueless as the doctors, but could not help but add his own opinion. "The terrorist that stabbed me had been given an enhanced version of Trigger, maybe it somehow wore off on me?"

The female doctor shrugged. "Maybe, you said the terrorist had some sort of healing factor right? Based on what you told us it is possible his cells mixed with yours when he stabbed you, but that is just pure speculation on my part."

Putting his electronic tablet down on a nearby desk, the orange hair doctor turned to face Izuku directly. "In any case, we will need you to come back in once a week for more testing and observation. You may have a clean bill of health now, but we don't know if there will be any other side effects."

Putting his shirt back on, Izuku squashed a brief spike of annoyance that flared inside him at the thought of more tests. "I will try to make sure I can follow through, but with the way my job is I might be too busy for a weekly checkup."

The doctors all nodded understandingly, and after a few more brief suggestions they decided to discharge Izuku from the hospital.

Putting his standard black suit on, Izuku left his hospital room for the final time. Standing outside like an ever-vigilant sentinel, Rumi smiled happily when she saw Izuku in his suit.

"I guess that means you are free to go huh?" The rabbit hero said cheerfully. "About damn time, I was getting sick of eating in the cafeteria."

As Rumi fell in step with him, Izuku grinned slightly as he made his way to the hospital's front entrance. "Nobody said you needed to watch me all day and night. You could have gone home and had some decent food while I slept."

Rumi shook her head vigorously. "No way. You are my partner, and I will be damned if something else happened to you while I was not around."

Stepping past the front entrance's automatic doors, Izuku was surprised to see a small crowd of reporters and paparazzi waiting for him.

"Agent Midoriya! Agent Midoriya!" The crowd yelled out excitedly in an attempt to get an interview.

"Is it true you single handedly took down the villain that wounded Miruko?" A somewhat chubby male reporter asked loudly as he shoved a microphone in Izuku's face.

"Are there any truths to the rumors that you and Thelxie are in a secret relationship?!" Another reporter cried out enthusiastically.

As the flash of cameras and shouts of reporters bombarded him, Izuku felt his rage begin to quickly come to a boil. Normally he would have just ignored the paparazzi like usual, but something about the way the news vultures were totally disregarding the lives lost on the mission sent Izuku over the edge.