Chapter Seven

[A/N] - RIGHT ON TIME! HA! THURSDAY UPLOAD WOOP WOOP I PROMISED YOU GUYS AND HERE IT IS <3

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK!

.

.

.

KNOCK!

  I groaned and rolled over, falling off the bed and hitting my head.

"Fuck!" I snapped when I heard another knock.

 I glanced at the time and it read 5:33 AM. I huffed and went to the door.

"Garrett, why are you doing this?!" I yelled annoyed.

"Hey, I have to wake you up!" he replied on the other side of the door, "My parents want you over for breakfast."

   I glanced at my kitchen. I finished the box of ramen last night and literally had no food. I touched my stomach and sighed.

"Alright, I'll be over in twenty." I mumbled.

"What?"

"Twenty minutes!"

"Alright!"

   I walked back to my room and switched the light switch. I groaned when the light didn't come on. 

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." I groaned. 

   Walking inside of the room, I went over to my closet and took out a random outfit. Because last week's pay was so good, I actually got a chance to buy new clothes and a new pair of shoes. My old  shoes were squeezing my toes and it hurt. I went over to my dresser and opened the bottom drawer. I pulled out a flash light and flicked on the switch.

"Why. Won't. You. Turn. On!" I said through gritted teeth.

  Frustrated, I threw the flash light across the room and sighed. I went over to my closet, picked up the clothes and went to the bathroom. After taking a quick shower, I put my clothes on. I rubbed some lotion on my skin and put my book bag beside the front door. 

  As soon as I opened the door, Garrett's knuckles went almost close to flying in my face.

"Dude, what the fuck man?!" I said annoyed.

"I'm sorry!" he said with a laugh, "I'm just excited. My parents want to meet you."

"Garrett, I've heard of stories about meeting Asian parents." 

"Oh come on, they aren't bad." he said with a shrug, "They won't beat you with chopsticks or something." 

   We both shared a laugh and I shook my head. As soon as I walked in his apartment, a blast of hot air slapped me in the face. Goosebumps rose on my skin and I sighed in approval. Garrett led me to the living room where his mom and dad were sitting at a small table.

"Good morning." said his mother with a smile.

"Good morning, Mrs. Ngai."

   She got up and approached me, holding out her hand. I shook her hand and glanced at his father. He opened his mouth but closed it. I smiled at him and approached him.

"Hello."

   He glared at me and looked at Garrett. In a bitter voice, he said something to Garrett in Cantonese. Garrett rolled his eyes and looked at me.

"He said your hair looks like the tail of a pig that dipped it in mud."

"Uh... thanks?" I said looking back at his father.