Chapter Thirty

I stared at him. He had to go back to Italy? For exactly what? He said Dante got a girl pregnant... but he said he lied. Is it possible... Is it possible that he got a girl pregnant...?

No, that can't be possible. He's been in the U.S. for at least five months, but... but...

Tears welled in my eyes and I tried to blink them back, but they just didn't go away. Miguel bragged about the girls he fucked, but he didn't mention having unprotected sex.

Miguel wrapped his arms around me but I pushed him away. He fell back, surprised by how strong it was and I ran to his room. I grabbed my blurry suitcase and tried to leave his room, but he blocked me.

"Suzy, I'm so sorry!" he cried, "I didn't know she put a hole in the condom! Suzy, please believe me!"

"I can't trust you, you lied to me!" I cried, trying to get past him.

"You lied to me too!"

"But you know what situation I'm in!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, "I'm not the one bitching that I don't have a fucking maid to clean up after myself!"

"Su-"

"No, fuck you!" I screamed, the tears pooling down my face, "You're no fucking different than Marcus!"

That must've hit him hard. His arms fell to his sides and he looked down. I pushed him out of the way with my suitcase in my hand.

"Good bye, Mr. Romano." I spat.

I walked away from him and out of his apartment. Before I could slam the door, the door went flying open. I staggered and glared at Miguel.

"You don't just say things like that." he hissed, "What the fuck is wrong with you?! It's not my fucking fault she's pregnant."

"She's not asexual, she didn't have that fucking... fucking fetus by herself!" I yelled.

"I always have protected sex. I only had unprotected sex two times and that was with a girl who I thought was the one. So walk out of me life, go ahead." he hissed.

I gripped my suitcase handle and glared at Miguel. His icy blue eyes glared back at me and I walked away.

I got home around 12. The walk was really long and my feet were sore. It's bad enough that I'm wearing flats. i know right? in this weather... How could such perfect times disappear into the fucking air?

I threw my suitcase down and sat down on my bed, screaming into my pillow. Now, all of my emotions are coming out.

How could he do this?! I understand he didn't know, but fuck my life sideways. I can't believe life is so unfair. You find a person who you think is the one and they turn out to be your teacher and has to return to their country because they got a girl pregnant.

Just after you started to officially fall in love with them. Even in such a short time, I fell heels over head for him. We almost have nothing in common, but opposites attract.

I tried to wipe my fountain of tears but they couldn't stop. I understand I lied to him... but you don't keep things like this from me. Who the hell is the girl?! Does she want a taste of my American fist in her fucking face?!

I heard a knock on my door but wiped my tears. I glanced at the time, 1:03. I walked to the door and looked through the peephole.

He did not.

Miguel was drenched in sweat. His curly hair hugged his sweaty face and he was panting. He knocked again and looked into the peephole. It was as if he knew I was there. Our eyes stared at each other but broke off when he knocked.