Chapter Thirty-One

Miguel's Point of View

I stared outside the window and watched the downy snow fall to the ground. White and pure, just like Suzy's heart.

What the fuck, Romano...

I sighed and looked back at Dante. We had our luggage ready. I called a charity and told them they could take everything in my apartment. Dante's eyes met mine and he sighed.

I looked back outside and leaned on the wall. The look of Suzy's glassy eyes still haunts me. Her hair in a mess, her hazel eyes a sad color, the dim bags under her eyes...

But even she knows that I have to do this. I have to pay the price. Heading to my room, I plopped down on my bed. It saddens me that I'll never be able to hold Suzy anymore.

I was actually thinking about starting a family, though sex never crossed my mind. Sex with no strings attached is alright, but when there's emotion, it's the best.

Suzy doesn't deserve to have someone as cruel as me. Nobody does. I wish I could tell her I lied and everything was a joke.

The sad thing is that it isn't.

I looked around the room, almost laughing when I imagined her standing at my door and watching me clean. The way her eyes dared me to say something to disregard the situation still clouds my eyes.

I sat back and closed my eyes. I leave in two days. I want to see Suzy, but then again, I have to help her forget me. I can't go up to her and give her tips on how to do that...

She's had enough.

Suzy's Point of View

Staring out the window was kind of calming. At first, it lightly snowed. Then it started to heavily fall. Because I don't have a television or radio, I never know how the weather is until I look out the window.

I coughed and felt something weird in my throat. Great, I might catch a cold. Going into the kitchen, I put ramen on the stove and added pepper.

Hopefully this could help.

The next day

Christmas Eve. The snow from yesterday didn't stop yet. There was a couple of inches outside. I couldn't stop staring out the window. There was something in the pit of my stomach that told me Miguel would come back. But I still remember what he told me before he left three nights ago.

"Don't cry, Suzy. I'll see you later, I promise."

He said he'll see me later. So I know I'll have to see him again. He even ended it with a promise.

I went into my living room and sat on the dusty couch. Lately I've been coming here, mainly because Miguel's scent still lingers, but it's slowly fading away.

I never thought he would have this effect on me. I've done so many things to not like him, but it ended up happening. Why must I repeat myself... I looked out the small living room window. It seemed like the snow was finishing since it became thinner and fell slower.

I stared out it for a while and gasped when I saw a plane. Ugh, I need to stop. Miguel leaves tomorrow.

He leaves tomorrow.

Wow.

I got up and walked to the kitchen. This is all I do, sleep, wake, brush my teeth, living room, kitchen... I put done water on the stove and got a cup from my cabinet. I waited for the water to finish boiling and realized I ran out of sugar.

I guess I'll drink it plain today.

Taking a sip, I frowned and put the cup down. Walking into the bedroom, I put on a pair of sweatpants and slippers. I mean, it's not good for the weather outside, but why not. I took out the rest of my change from the other day.