Chapter Twenty-Six

I stared at the clock, my heart's thump sounding in my ears. 6:00 PM. Cole sat down next to me and took a swig of his beer. I stared at his bottle for a moment and sighed.

"He's really going to die." I mumbled.

Then, the sound of Cole's phone rang.

"Yes."

There was a pause.

"Okay."

Another pause.

"Good." said Cole, a dark look shadowing his face, "Make sure he suffers. Slowly cut his dick off. Start with the head."

With that, he looked at his phone and pressed end. He looked over to me and smirked.

"They have him captive."

Tears began to cloud my vision. They aren't tears of sadness, but of guilt. Someone is losing their life because of me.

"Don't worry." he said, his smirk slowly going away, "You'll be fine, he deserves it."

"Don't do it." I whispered, "Don't."

He gave me a look of disbelief and shook his head.

"It has to be done."

"You're taking away s-"

"For you!" screamed Cole, "For you! So stop bitching! It's. All. For. You."

I looked into my lap and covered my mouth with my hands. My eyes gazed at the time. 6:17.

Oh my goodness, how is time flying so fast?! Cole sighed and smiled. He leaned back and took a giant gulp of his beer. I wiped my tears and closed my eyes.

There was an eerie silence that slowly crept in the room. The sound of my heartbeat slowly drummed in my ears again. I heaved a sigh and wiped away sweat that wasn't there.

"Five minutes." said Cole, "Then, it'll be all over."

"Cole..."

"He deserves it." he mumbled, "And you damn well know it."

"You're not like this."

"He stole your innocence."

"Then why didn't you kill Lucy?!" I yelled, standing up and giving him a defiant look, "She sexually assaulted me three times."

"Four minutes left." spat Cole, "You should be happy that I'm doing this for you!"

"I can't be happy that you're taking away someone's life! Send him to jail! Do anything else but kill him!"

Cole's hand trembled and the beer bottle in his hand trembled with it. He stared back at me, his eyes widened in complete anger. His breathing began to become louder until his left hand finally slipped into his pocket.

A tear slid down his red cheeks. He picked his phone up and pressed the bottom button. He faced his phone towards me.

"Two. Minutes." he whispered, "Until his life is taken away."

"Who said you can play God?!" I yelled, "Do you think just be-"

"I thought you were smarter than this!" he yelled, "There are people who don't deserve to live! People who beat on the weak and drown in their pride! This person is one of them! He thinks he can go ahead and do this to someone?! To you?! You're a fool if you think I'm wrong! They probably chopped his dick off by now!"

"C-"

"Are you even a good friend?" he continued, "I tried to do everything for you, but in the end it's all useless. I helped you through almost everything..."