Chapter Ten

Inside of the school was blazing hot. I took off my jacket and began to walk down the hallways. I was, once again, extremely early. I walked to Ms. Hunter's door and sat beside it. This slightly reminded me of the day I met Mr. Romano... Oh man, it scared the shit out of me when he threatened to tell the principal my occupation.

I shook my head and rested my head on the wall. When upset, Mr. Romano has eyes that can make you feel uncomfortable, but it's the way he glares that appall me.

I sighed and looked up at the burgundy ceiling. Why am I so unlucky? I have two people on my case and its frustrating.

"You seem to be deep in thought, Stripper Girl." 

I closed my eyes and ignored him.

"I'm sorry."

Shocked, I opened my eyes and looked at him. Was he serious? Did he really just say sorry to me? Impossible.

"What did you just say?" I said in disbelief.

"I won't repeat it." he said crouching in front of me, "I can't help but be a... merk?"

"Merk?" I repeated confused.

"...Kerk?"

"I don't unde-"

"JERK!" he said loudly with a chuckle, "I can't help but be a jerk. Stripper Girl, I'm a really cocky person."

"Please go away." I mumbled looking down.

To him, I'm just 'Stripper Girl.' To Marcus, I'm everything he ever wanted. I can't let some asshole of a guy like this one get to me.

"Why?" he said raising an eyebrow, "Did I not say the 's' word?"

"Just saying sorry doesn't cut it!" I frustratedly outburst, "How could you bring Mr. Armstrong of all people to my job?"

"He asked me if I knew where you rush off to after school."

"And you BROUGHT him?!"

"Obviously." he said with a chuckle, "Why wouldn't I?"

"Are you stupid, do you need to go to the hospital to see what the fuck is wrong with you?!" I cried.

"Susanne, that is no way you speak to your teacher!" said Ms. Johnson.

I looked at her and caught her giving me a disappointed look.

"Detention after school my room. I never knew you were a potty mouth."

"It's not like that!" I said frustratedly.

"It's okay." said Mr. Romano putting his hand up, "Don't worry. She's emotional today."

Ms. Johnson gave me another disappointed look and shook her head.

"Okay, Miguel."

She walked down the hallway and Mr. Romano chuckled.

"She has nice legs."

I glared at him and sighed.

"Why do you do this?" I asked him, "Do you not know people have feelings? What's the point of even being a teacher?"

"Think of everything from my perspective." he said sitting next to me, "Stripper Girl, what would you do if you were in my situation?"

"Avoid at all costs and request them a transfer to French."

"Not bad." he said cooly, "But what if you liked the student?' he whispered, inching closer, "And your student liked you back?"

"S-still request them a t-transfer. I would value my job over an illegal love."