Chapter 9

Avni started crying while looking at neail with her tears filled eyes.
Soon her anger turned into emotional breakdown...

Avni (crying) : Tum itne pathar dil kyu ban rhe ho neil, kyu mere bete ki yaado ko mujhse dur kar rhe ho....

It was hard for neil to see her crying, he wanted to took all her pain away....but he feels helpless...

Neil (softly) : Avni, tumhe ye baat samajh kyu nahi aa rahi hai......apni halat dekho, kya halat bna li hain....
Itne mahine ho gaye lekin aaj bhi tum moveon nahi kar paa rhi......Kya tum ye bhul rahi ho ki tumhari ek beti bhi hai, ek pati bhi hai, ek parivar bhi hain......Ya nahi sirf puri zindagi aise gham me bitana chahti ho....
(avni looked at him in eyes, they shared an eyelock)

Neil breaks the eye lock and turned to move away.....

But he stopped and turned to say...

Or haan avni, Mujhe yaad hai ki vo mera bhi beta tha...bhula nahi hu main...or na kabhi bhul sakta hun !

Lekin tumhari tarah main apni baaki responsibilities se dur nahi bhaag sakta....! he said looking deeply in her eyes and left leaving avni alone to think.

Avni left devastated. His words did impacted her and she was left to think.

She came back in room and saw neil already in bed. She looked at him, he looked like he is sleeping, while he was wide awake.

Avni looked at him and, This was the time....when for the first time in last few months, that Avni was looking at neil differently.

She didnt know what impacted her, but she actually saw him in pain.... the Real Pain.

For the last few months, she only saw neil as if he is the reason of her son's loss. She was unable to see him as her husband, as a father. She only treated him as if he is the one who killed him.

But for the first time after ivan's death, she was seeing him as a father....A father in pain.

In her own pain and sorrows, she forgot that he is also going through the same thing. He must also be needing someone to share his pain with. But he was all alone, dealing it on his own without letting anyone know.