Chapter 11

Present day

Avni came back from her memory lane , and looked at neil , who was lying next to her...

Avni's pov -

Tumne to mujhse vaada kiya tha neil, ki tum kuch nahi hone doge humare bete ko, toh kaise....kaise vo humse itni dur chala gaya....

Kaash maine tumhari baat maani hi na hoti...kaash humne medication wala option choose kiya hota...to shayad....shayad aaj humara beta humare paas hota.....
.....ya shayad tab bhi...... (she went in deep thoughts, and got emotional)

Avni pov end

Avni blaimed neil for ivan's death, because he chose to go for open heart surgery,  despite avni's constant denial.
He didnt listened her and at the end they lost their son,  therefore avni still cant get over that trauma, and hold neil responsible for all this.

She can't forget that how neil was so sure that ivan will get better after surgery, and therefore decided to not delay surgery, and because of that one wrong move, they lost him earlier....
when they could have spent few more months or may be years with ivan.

Neil was so sure and so positive that surgery will be successful, he didn't want to delay surgery and goes for an early one, while avni was constantly asking him to not be in so hurry....but he didnt listened.

She asked him to wait for a few months, before going for a surgery, but he didnt listened her.....

And ultimately, avni's fear came true, Ivan couldn't survive the surgery, and he took his last breathe....on the hospital bed.

It is unable to describe in words how as parents they would have felt that day, when they didn't saw their son anymore.

Withing seconds they lost everything, their smiles , their happiness...and were only left with heart full of guilt and pain !

.........

Next Morning

Avni woke up , and looked around. She realised that she woke up in her old room after so many months.

She sat and didn't found neil on the other side of the bed. She looked for him around but he was not there.
She went outside and looked for him.

She was walking in the corridors when she heard some voices coming from aarya's room. She slowly went closer and looked inside, when she saw neil was getting aarya ready for her school and making her have her breakfast.

She stood near at the door looked them from outside....

Neil was making aarya's hairs, while aarya was having her milk. They were smiling and aarya was contantly talking and telling neil about her school and other stuffs.

Avni didnt realised when her lips curved into a smile and her eyes got filled with tears. She saw how neil was fulfiling all his responsibilities, and making aarya smile also.

She start feeling guilty for not being there for aarya, while neil was there for her. The way neil was taking care of aarya made avni realise her mistake.