Chapter 10

Flashback

Neil and Avni went to meet the cardiologist who flown from London to India, specially on neil's request, as neil don't want to delay his son's treatment.

They went to hospital along with ivan, where ivan was being examined and went through various machines and tests.

After 3 hour , When all the tests were done and reports came, Neil and Avni entered  Doctor Richard's cabin , with lots of hope in their eyes and prayers in their hearts.

Neil : Firstly, Thank you so much Dr Richard, that you specially came India on such a short notice. I will always be grateful to you.

Dr Richard : Its okah Neil, You are such a superstar and everyone in London loves you so much, So how can i deny your request. And specially, its a case of your son, he is such a small bany suffering from so much, and as a child's specialist i can't risk any baby's life, because of delay. So thats perfectly fine.

Neil nodded with a slight smile. While the nervousness was clearly visible on his face. Avni who was holding ivan in her hands looked at him for a second, and then she just held neil's hands, before the doctor announce the treatment and the severeness of the case.

Dr Richard spoke after, carefully examining his reports Look Neil, i have always been honest with my patients. So, i won't hide anything from you guys.

Neil breathed and tightened his grip on avni's hands - Doctor  tell us everything, however serious it is, we.....we are ready ! he said and held avni's hand giving her assurance that he is there, no matter what.

Avni's heart was racing fast, she don't want to listen anything but good for her son.

Dr richard : As your local doctor has already told you that Ivan is suffering from VSD, i.e. he has a hole in his heart.

Maybe it was there since his birth only, but it was too small that no one noticed, plus there were no complications earlier.

And usually these holes tends to get closed as the kid grows.

But, (he turned her gaze to avni)
As per your pregnancy history mrs khanna, your elder daughter also has a immune deficiency , if i am not wrong...?

Avni turned her gaze towards neil and then to the doctor and she nodded.

Dr Richard : I went through your both the pregnancy reports, and its the same deficiency that your son also carries.
And because of that complication, this case is....more serious !
Instead of getting closed, his hole might become bigger and bigger by each passing day......! he exclaimed honestly.

Avni was almost at the verge of crying, but she controlled and listened patiently.

Doctor continued - Honestly speaking, i have handled such cases in the past also, and i wont lie....that this is serious.

Neil and Avni both were shaken from inside.

Doctor - But don't lose hopes, there are solutions.
Technology is so advanced these days that anything is possible.

Neil - What's....what's the solutions ?
he asked agitated

Doctor - There are two solutions Neil.
One is medication, we will inject the medicines in his system which will slowly and gradually closes his hole with time. But , every week twice, he has to be in the hospital. I repeat every week.
But this is not the permanent solution. If the hole gets closed with medications then very good, otherwise.....the chances of his survival is very less.