41. Unfortunate Occurrence

Christmas Day was overall a day full of love. Apart for the few mishaps, none of which my family knew about, regardless, it was still a well-spent day.

I received a call the evening after Christmas, informing me that Bethany was- thankfully- still alive. However, she was in critical condition and doctors were forced to to put her into a medically induced coma whilst they operated on her.

The call was short and hurried, not giving me much information, but enough to put me at ease. The whole night before, I didn't sleep a wink, instead, I was on a Group FaceTime call.

Reasoning behind the way Izzy's mum sped to pick her up was explained. Mordecai is getting closer to pinning their location. 

Silvia- Izzy's grandmother- had mistakenly left vital credit details out in the open when filling in her car payments. The details were not filed and finding an address from registration licenses was not a difficult task for her dad.

Elenora just wanted to ensure that the family were together, just in case anything did happen that night. Nothing did.

Angelo and Leo were briefly told about the situation, I left out the part about him killing my mother, but mentioned the truth about Beth.

It was now four days until New Years, and I was formally told about the planned family trip.

I acted surprised, but Vince caught on quickly that the secret had been exposed. He only sighed and shook his head, muttering something inaudible about the youngest twin. Somehow he already figured out that it was Dante who had slipped up.

Today was almost over, and tomorrow morning, we would be flying to Sicily.

'I'm going on a run.' I announced to Armani who was in the gym, sitting on a lifting bench, taking out his earphones just to nod at me- reminding me to get back before it gets dark.

I left the house with a hoodie on, but took it off after I completed the first mile. Andre wasn't here since his father didn't work at this time of the year. I turned to the large hedge and found the disturbed patch of leaves. 

Climbing through, I found the empty, secret garden which I adored so much. It was getting darker by the minute which made the grounds seem more mysterious. A weird sense of nostalgia rushed over me for a second.

I walked across the the unstable wooden plank, onto the other side of the shallow, slow running stream. I stepped down and sauntered around the hedge corner.

Nothing, and I repeat nothing could have prepared me for what I witnessed.

Half-naked Gio, and a half-naked girl on the verge of sex, lying on top of the beautifully trimmed grass.

'Oh God.' I said loud enough for both of them to hear, but quiet enough for it to be classed as a mumble. They both stopped whatever it was that they were doing and looked up in dismay. Gio's eyes turned into saucers, whereas the girl focused on covering herself up. 

'Fucking awful.' I whispered to myself as I turned and walked back in the direction of the wood, not wanting to be in their presence for any longer. 

'Wait.' I heard a masculine voice call out behind, the footsteps nearing. 'I can explain.'

'I'm all ears.' I stopped moving and pressured him by glaring daggers. He sighed loudly and rubbed his forehead, but never gave an answer. 'Look, I cannot control what goes on in your life, or your bedroom, but here? The place that our friend bought us to show what he had designed, it's horrible.' I scoffed in disbelief. Saying these words just made me understand everything ten times better, so I continued. 'You may live on this estate, but you don't claim a spot like this to bring your company.' I pointed my hand in the direction of the semi-dressed girl who was now out of our view.