23- Jesse & Rocco

Jesse

I cuddled up with my fiancé in the entertainment room.

Neal leaned over and kissed me. Our kisses were slow and intense. Eventually, he pulled the armrests up and straddled me.

"Hey! This is a public room!", I heard Lilly shout.

Neal hurriedly slid off of me and we looked up to see Lilly, Rocco, and Josie all shielding their eyes with their hands.

"Sorry! I promise we were only kissing.", Neal blushed.

Lilly sat beside Neal and Josie and Rocco sat beside me.

I raised an eyebrow when I noticed them holding hands.

"Are...are you two together?"

They looked at each other and smiled.

"Yeah. We are.", Josie beamed.

Lilly and Neal shared a shocked look before smiling.

"That's amazing. I've never seen you this happy before.",Lilly said.

"I know. I've felt so angry for so long, but I'm trying to get pass it and give us another chance while we still can."

Rocco kissed her forehead.

"I bet yo-."

We were interrupted by the screen turning on.

"Not again."

A live feed began playing.

There was someone sitting in a chair in front of the camera. I could tell it was a female. There was a bag over her head. She was trying to free herself of her restraints.

"What the hell?"

"I'm going to get the others.", Rocco said.

Neal followed him and returned moments later with Nina and Malcolm.

"We couldn't find Joey or Mama Jen."

The woman began screaming, "Help!".

"Is that...?"

The screams got louder and eventually, the bag was ripped off her head.

I heard Nina and Lilly gasp.

"Jennifer.", Josie spoke.

Her face was covered in bruises. There was blood running down the side of her face.

"Do what you want to me, but let these kids go. They're innocent."

A man, wearing all black, pulled up a chair next to her. To our surprise, it wasn't Ernie.

"Who is that?", Malcolm asked.

"They are far from innocent. You are far from innocent. After what you did to my father, you deserve everything we're going to do to you.", the man said.

"Father? Bernie has a kid?", Josie asked. Her eyes wide and a concerned expression on her face.

"We need to find Joey. Josie, come on.", Rocco said as he held his hand out for her. Josie didn't move.

"Jo?"

She shook her head, fiercely.

"Jennifer was a terrible mother, but she doesn't deserve to die. Sh- she can't die. I mean, I- I- I-...We have to find her.", she turned to Rocco. He wrapped his arms around her and quietly reassured her.

"We're going to find her, alright?", I reassured her.

Rocco walked her out of the room.

Rocco

"We need to find Joey.", I told Josie.

She nodded before she stopped walking.

"You okay, love?"

She shook her head and opened her arms for me to hug her. I squeezed her tightly and kissed her lips.

"I'm scared, Rocco. What if they kill Jennifer or Joey? What if they hurt y-."

"You can not think like that, alright? We are going to get off of this ship and I am never going to let you go again."

"I love you.", she said quietly. I smiled as I felt my heart race.

"I love you too, Josie."

I grabbed her hand and we began searching for Joey.

We checked every deck, game area, and bar on the ship. We were about to give up our search when we heard screams.

We looked at each other before running towards the screams. We eventually found Joey trying to open a door. We could hear Jen's screams on the other side.

"Joey!", Josie shouted as she ran to him.

"Mom is on the other side. The door is locked.", he explained.

Josie pulled two bobby pins out of her hair and started jerking them inside the keyhole.

After about a minute, we heard the door click. Joey pushed it opened and to our surprise, the room was empty. We could still hear screams. As we walked further into the room, I found where the screams were coming from.

"Guys.", I spoke. They came closer to me.

A live feed was playing on the tv. Jen was still struggling to free herself from her restraints.

"Mom.", Joey whispered.

"She can be anywhere.", Josie said.

Joey looked at her with tears in his eyes.

"Look, we know for a fact that she's on this ship. We just have to search every inch of this place until we find her.", he said hopefully.

Josie and I looked at each other before looking at Joey. He cocked his eyebrow and frowned.

"Remember how we saw Bernie in your house on that camera feed?", I asked.

He nodded. A confused look on his face.

"That was live. Bernie is getting on and off of this ship somehow. H-."

"She could be anywhere."