19- Rocco & Joey

Rocco

We all stood there staring at Nina. Joey was first person to say anything.

"Baby, are you okay? Did he hurt you?", he said as he grabbed her face.

"I-I'm fine. Who are you?, she asked looking at Lilly.

"I'm Lilly."

"My best friend.", Josie spoke.

There was an awkward silence as Josie and Nina glanced at each other.

"Why did he take you?", Joey asked as he kissed her forehead.

"Why did he take any of us?", Jesse said.

Nina's eyes flickered between Josie and I, then back to Joey.

"So, you guys have just been on this boat waiting to die?"

Jennifer rubbed Nina's shoulders.

"I promise we're going to get off this ship. I won't let anything happen to you.", Joey told her.

I noticed Josie, Lilly, Neal, and Jesse leaving and decided to join them.

"So, that's the girl who slept with Rocco?", Lilly asked.

"Unfortunately, yes.", I spoke.

The four of them jumped slightly and looked at me.

"Sorry. I didn't know you were here.", Lilly quickly apologized.

We all ended up in the theater room and sat down.

Neal and Jesse decided to put on a movie, while Lilly started making popcorn at the snack station in the corner.

"You're really quiet. Are you okay?", I asked Josie.

She looked at me and nodded slowly.

"Seeing Nina just brought back a lot of bad memories."

"I'm so sorry, Jo. I think about it every single day. Losing you was-"

"-the biggest mistake of your life. You keep saying that, but it doesn't change anything."

Before I could say anything, Jesse and Neal settled on a movie and Lilly returned with popcorn.

Halfway throughout the movie, I looked over at Josie to see that she was already looking at me.

She quickly looked back at the screen, but every now and then, we would meet each other's gaze.

I wonder if she's thinking about Nina and I again. I hate that I put her through so much pain.

Joey

I sat down on Nina's bed. One of the crew members on the ship assigned this room to her.

"How are you feeling?"

"Scared. Sad. Embarrassed."

"Embarrassed?"

She nodded and looked at me.

"Seeing Josie reminded me of what I did to her and Rocco."

I raised my eyebrow.

"Josie and Rocco? How did you know about them?"

"Wait, you knew about them?"

"I just found out on our first day here. You knew and didn't tell me?", I questioned her in disbelief.

"I didn't want you to look at me differently."

"Why would I look at you differently?"

She opened her mouth, then closed it.

"Nina."

"I knew they were dating and I still slept with him. I didn't care. She was my best friend and I knowingly had sex with her first love. I wasn't even that drunk. He pushed me away after I kissed him, but I just kissed him again and I-"

"Stop."

She looked at me.

"Joey, I'm sorry."

I shook my head.

"After all these years, I thought he came onto you because he was jealous or spiteful, but he was just drunk and stupid. Rocco was my best friend and I threw him away because I love you. It's not right, Nina.", I said as I stood up.

"Where are you going?", she asked as tears ran down her face.

"I need some air."

Rocco

The five of us made our way to our rooms after the movie.

"I can't believe I just sat through a three hour movie with you people.", Josie said in disbelief.

"Okay, Titanic isn't just a movie. It's an experience.", Jesse corrected her before going into his room with Neal.

"I'm surprised you watched it all. You hate romantic movies.", Lilly said.

"Yeah, but I was promised Leonardo DiCaprio, so.."

She laughed as she went into her room.

Josie and I walked in silence to our room.

I opened the door for her and closed it behind me.

I stopped behind her as she was taking off her jacket.

"Can we finish our talk from earlier?"

"There's nothing to talk about. I'm over it, Rocco."

"Well, I'm not over it, Josie. I'm not over you. I never will be."

She turned to face me.

"I know that I ruined our relationship, but I want to be your friend and if this friendship is going to work, we need to talk about this."

"I don't want to talk, Rocco."

"Then tell me what you want and I'll do it, Josie."

She stared at me for a minute before she placed her lips on mine, kissing me hungrily.

I kissed her back with the same force. I had to force myself to pull away from her. She whimpered softly.

"Josie."

"Please. Just one night where we pretend everything's okay. I need you, Rocco.", she said as she pushed me back on the bed.

I wasted no time in kissing her again.