25- Josie

Josie

"Where do you think we'll be in ten years?", I asked Rocco.

He looked down at me and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"In ten years, we'll be married. Maybe have a kid or two or three. Living far, far away from here. We'll have a big house and a dog. It'll just be us and our little family."

"That sounds perfect.", I said before kissing him.

"I love you, Josephine."

"I love you, Morocco."

"Josie!"

My eyes fluttered open and I saw Rocco crying as he stroked my cheek.

Before I could say anything, I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder.

"She's awake.", I heard Joey say.

"Hi."

Rocco looked down at me and wiped his tears.

"Baby."

I began to sit up, but Rocco stopped me.

"Easy. A man came in here and he was able to stop the bleeding. He got the bullet out and he closed your shoulder with staples. He said you need to take it slow."

"Why would Ernie have a doctor come help me?"

"I don't he did and I don't think he was a doctor. That man was working so fast and he kept checking over his shoulder like he wasn't supposed to be in here.", Joey spoke.

"Josie, what were you thinking?", Joey asked me.

Earlier that day

"He's going to kill her, isn't he?", Joey asked, eyes filled with tears.

Rocco and I rubbed his back.

"If he was going to kill her, he would've done it already. He's just playing mind games with us."

"Well, he's winning.", Joey said as he wiped his face.

"No, you can't talk like that, Joey. If he knows he's winning, he won't stop.", Rocco told him.

Joey nodded.

Suddenly, the door flew open and we saw a man holding a gun.

The three of us jumped up and Rocco and Joey pushed me behind them.

My heart was racing and my breathing was shallow.

The man slightly aimed the gun at Joey and put his finger on the trigger.

I used all of my strength to push Joey out of the way and as soon as I did, I felt the hot metal pierce my shoulder.

"If that is your way of saying, 'Thank you so much, Josie. Thank you for literally taking a bullet for me when I don't really deserve it.'. Then you're welcome."

"Josie, you..you could've died. I-I don't know what I would've-.", Rocco began before he broke down in front of me.

I wiped his tears and kissed his chest.

"I'm sorry, Rocco."

I looked around the room and saw that we were in a large suite that only had a bed and a tv in it.

"We have to get out of here."

"The door's locked."

I looked over at the bed.