5-Jennifer

I stood in shock as Neal delivered the news about Jesse. I had to sit down. I felt numb.

"Mom.", I heard Joey say.

"We need to do something.", I stated.

"We will, mom.", Joey said as he grabbed my hand.

"How? We can't go to the cops. We have nobody on our side. Whoever this is took Jesse with ease and it doesn't look like he's going to be back anytime soon.", I panicked.

"Mom, don't say that."

"She's right. The only thing we can do is wait. This person took Jesse to send a message. We're all going to be taken.", Rocco said fearfully.

Suddenly, all of our phones vibrated.

I looked at my phone in fear and saw that it was a text.

Oh, you were so close, Rocco. Guess you'll find out soon.

We all looked at each other, then we looked around the room.

He must have this place bugged. There's no way he's everywhere.

Another text came in.

Oh, by the way, Jen, when's the last time you talked to your daughter? Hmm..Well, I can fix that.

"No!"

"Mom.", Joey said quietly.

"Oh, my little girl. He's going to take her. I can't take this. If he hurts her, I-I.."

"Mom, she'll be fine. She's a grown ass woman."

"What?! Joey, how can you say that? Your sister is in danger. Do you not get that? How can you have so much compassion for Jesse, but not care about your own sister? She's a person, Joey!", Rocco snapped before I could.

Joey looked at Rocco with wide eyes.

"She left this family. She's not my sister."

"We all left this family, but we're back standing together. Yes, Jesse and I were the first to leave, but Josie was like a sister to all of us. Josie is in danger. We need to get to her first.", Neal said.

"We don't know where she is.", I said before putting my head in my hands.

We sat in silence for a few minutes.

"She's in Salinas.", Rocco said. He was staring at his phone.

Joey and I looked at him.

"What? How do you know?"

"I just found her on Twitter."

Joey pulled out his phone and searched for her on twitter.

"She blocked me."

Rocco handed me his phone and I strolled on her twitter feed.

I smiled as I saw all of the adventures she's endured. Attending Halloween parties, hiking in Toro Park, and she went skydiving.

I stopped strolling once I saw a picture of her holding hands with some man. He was kissing her forehead. The caption said: Spending my days with the future, Mrs. Taylor.

"She's engaged."

Everyone in the room had shocked looks on their face. I handed Rocco his phone back. He continued to stare at the photo.

"We have to go to her. We have to go to Salinas."

"Mom, there's no way we can find her. Yes, we know what city she is in, but we have no address."

"I got it. She didn't block me. I found a tagged picture of who I'm assuming is her best friend. I messaged her and told her that we're Josie's family and are looking for her and she sent me her address.", Neal said.

We all gave him an impressed look.

"Okay. I guess, let's go.", I said nervously.

Joey left a quick note for Nina, who went to her parents' house for a bit.

We all got in my car and began the hour and a half journey to Salinas.