13- Rocco

"So, we're just stuck here watching creepy home movies?"

"It's funny you say that, Rocco. We'll get to you.", a robotic voice said over the intercom.

A video began playing.

It was recording the Fisher's porch.

Suddenly, Josie appeared on the screen. She looked about 15.

A boy was holding her hand. Joey walked on to the porch.

"Josie?", Joey acknowledged her.

"I'm Thad. Who are you?", the boy questioned Joey.

Joey glared at the boy.

"I'm Josie's brother and I would appreciate you taking your hands off my little sister."

Josie rolled her eyes and let go of Thad's hand.

"I'm sorry about him. I'll call you.", Josie said before pecking his cheek.

He smiled and walked away.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Thad is going to tell everyone that my foster brother is a maniac. He'll never talk to me again."

"Josie, I'm sorry. I'm just trying to be your brother."

"-Foster brother. You are my foster brother, Joey. Which basically means that to me, you are just another stranger living in the house. It doesn't make us family."

Joey looked hurt by her words. His face turned red.

He walked away from her.

I turned to Joey and he looked angry. I looked at Josie and she looked regretful.

"That's it? That is the big fight that ruined your relationship? You two are pissed over a stupid argument.", I spat.

They both looked at me.

"It's not about the argument. It's about the principle. She pushed me away! She refused to try! She-"

"I hurt your feelings.", Josie said in realization.

Joey stood up and looked at her.

"After that, you were so cruel to me and I never realized that I hurt your feelings. I thought you hated me because of Thad, but that wasn't it. You were treating me like a brother, but I wasn't ready to be a sister."

Joey's face softened and he nodded. Jennifer smiled at them.

The video changed.

I immediately recognized Josie's bedroom.

Josie walked in. She was crying. She collapsed on her bed.

A few minutes later, I walked in and immediately rushed to her.

"What's wrong, Jo?"

She wiped her face.

"It's just Joey again. I'm fine."

I stroked her cheek and leaned in close.

"I know he can be an ass, but I promise he's a great guy. He'll warm up to you."